Chapter 9; Maybe it was just me?

Vegas and Pete were silently having lunch at the cafeteria and everyone was probably just really curious as to why is Vegas here, actually eating in school?!

"Khun-"

"Remove that Khun, Pete. Don't you think that sounds a little too formal in school?" Vegas responded as he took a bite of the sandwich from Pete's plate. 

Pete nodded his head and Vegas continue munching on his sandwich, "Are you that poor to buy yourself some food?" Pete blurted out, a little offended that Vegas is taking his sandwich which Pete offered to buy for Vegas when he was queuing but Vegas rejected it!

Vegas laughed out when he heard Pete complaining over some sandwich, "Pete, you do realize that I have the right to take anything that belongs to you right?" Vegas asked as his fingers grabbed Pete's plate and Pete instantly grabbed his plate tightly and eyed Vegas.

"Uh, just because you are Khun Vegas, that doesn't give you the right to take my food!" Pete snapped at Vegas, but that action in Vegas' eyes was just plainly cute, he thought. But Vegas isn't going to believe himself, obviously.

"You still have that same habit of snatching my food since last time! Grow up Vegas!" Pete blurted out as Vegas frowned at Pete's words, his fingers lets go of the plate and Pete snatched it back and started munching on all the food that was left.

Just before Vegas wanted to continue, Chalerm and his friend actually just sat down right beside Pete and acted as if Vegas wasn't there. 

"You eat so messily-" Chalerm said as Pete left bread crumbs on his lips, Chalerm reached out towards Pete's lips but was immediately stopped with Vegas held tightly on his wrist and gripped him really tightly to the extent it hurt Chalerm.

"Ouch! Vegas!" Chalerm screamed, yet Vegas's face was extremely calm, but his eyes looked like they were going to rip Chalerm apart.

"Keep your flirty hands away," Vegas said as he walked over and grabbed Pete by his wrist leaving them behind. 

"Stay away from him-"

"Are you jealous?" Pete asked, his heart was pounding really fast, he just wanted to know if Vegas is doing this because he is starting to feel something for him, maybe, what if, maybe, Vegas really liked him, things would change for them both right at this point!

Vegas hesitated for a moment, "Didn't Kinn tell you anything about the Chaichana family?" Vegas asked as he lets go of Pete's wrist while Pete is now fixing up his bag as he shake his head.

"Chaichana are rivalries of Theerapanyakul. If you get too close to Chalerm, you are getting yourself into deep trouble and that being said, I am not interested in keeping an idiot right on my compound," Vegas explained, his voice was calm, and his face no longer has any anger on it.

Oh... 

"Pete, you are only a bodyguard, you think I am going to fall you?" Vegas continues and this time he grabs Pete's arm tightly, trying to make Pete listen.

Pete looked down the whole time, "You are nothing but a bodyguard, a good pet to the main family,-" Vegas continued and this time Pete trembled a little in Vegas's grips.

Pet...

"Don't think too highly of yourself-" Vegas said as Pete forced himself out of Vegas's grip and bowed towards him, keeping his head down, "Got it," Pete's trembling voice forced a word out of his mouth and dashed out of his sight.

Vegas notices a warm tear drop that dripped on his fingers, he turned around only to notice that Pete is walking really fast away from him and headed in the other direction.