1

"This is a hospital not a highschool track." Miranda snapped feeling the hot brown liquid seeping through her shirt.

Ben looked down at the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in his entire life as he steady her on her feet.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there."  He said quickly.

"You didn't see me here walking?" Miranda asked unconvinced.

"No I honestly didn't." Ben said seriously bending down to pick up his now empty coffee cup.

"I hate tall people." She muttered. Why was it that short people looked up and down when they're are walking, but tall people always looked straight ahead.

"I'm sorry about that. I wasn't looking where I was going." Ben said feeling the need to explain again. "I will pay for your dry cleaning."

"I have an important meeting right now." She huffed looking down at her white shirt. 

"Job interview?" Ben questioned hopeful. He wouldn't mind seeing her every day.

"No a meeting for general surgeons." Miranda responded pursing her lips. She looked at him and he smiled lightly, her shoulders dropped a tiny bit from her defensive state. He had a gorgeous smile. He was gorgeous she thought to herself. Then groaned at the thought she wasn't even fully divorced yet. She shouldn't be ogling another man.

"Uh I have a white dress shirt in my locker." He suggested. "Once you tuck it into your skirt and put your suit jacket back on no one will know that it's a man's."

"You expect me to put on a stranger's shirt. You're a doctor, that is unsanitary." She ranted.

"The shirt is clean and never use. The tag is still on it."

"Why do you have dress shirts in your locker?" Miranda asked confused looking up at him.

"I like to be prepared, for situations like this." Ben shrugged.

"So you spill coffee on women on a regular?" She questioned raising an eyebrow.

"No that is not what I said." He responded quickly licking his suddenly dry lips.

Miranda looked down at her shirt again, then the time and sighed.

"Fine. I'll take your dress shirt." Miranda said seriously.

"Okay. Come on, the locker room and attendings lounge is this way." Ben said grabbing her hand.

Miranda gasped at the contact as she was being led by him.

Ben walked into the locker room with her and led her over to his. He quickly put in the combination and opened it up. Miranda looked at the shirts, pants, scrubs, and other supplies he had in his locker. She needed to add these kind of things to hers for emergencies too.

He grabbed the dress shirt and handed it her.
"The bathroom is rights there." He pointed.

"Can I use one of those washcloths too?" Miranda asked pointing at the pack he had.

Ben looked at her confused and Miranda rolled her eyes.

"Coffee makes things sticky." She huffed gesturing to her breast.

"Oh yeah, of course, of course" Ben studdered pulling the cardboard wrapper from around the washcloths. He handed her a purple one and she nodded at him. Purple was her favorite color.

Miranda walked into the bathroom stall and the first thing she did was step out of her heels. She needed to take her stocking off since they were wet. She removed them first before taking her dress shirt off. She hung it on the back of the door and blew out a breath.