Chapter 9

-A/n READ chapter 8 before this one please and btw Evelyn can walk a little without crutches so, she's not using them this chapter.

Evelyn's pov.

Matt and I got our mini golf stuff, my ball and club was pink and Matt's was blue.

"Let's goooo!" I yelled while running to the first course thingy. (Sorry I know nothing about golf😂)

I started first and I immediately hit it into this pond thing. I suck at mini golf.

"Oops!" I giggled.

"Oh gosh this is going to be a long night," Matt jokingly said.

"Heyy I'm not that bad," I laughed but I know that I'm horrible. I mean who hits the ball half way across the course, and into a lake on their first try.

"I think with a little practice you could possibly, maybe be better," Matt laughed. Then, he wrapped his arms around me so that we we're both holding my club.
He helped me hit my new ball and I actually managed to hit it in.

"Oh my gosh! I hit it in without killing someone!" I cheered and jumped onto Matt.

"Good job, evie," Matt cheered with me.
(a/n-evie is Evelyn's new nickname, k?")

I wrapped my legs around Matt's torso and we ended up just staring into each other's eyes like that. Matt slowly kissed me and it was the best freaking kiss ever.

I felt fireworks all over me and I couldn't stop smiling.

"Evelyn, will you do me the honors and be my girlfriend," Matt asked.

"Of course, but as long as you can promise to keep up with my awkwardness." I laughed and did the puma face.

Matt laughed and did the puma face with me.

We took lots of selfies and Matt made tons of vines with me before we decided to go home.

When we got back I started getting nervous because It's late and Nash is going to have so many questions. Also I'm going to tell everyone about Matt and I being a "thing".

"How are we going to get in, without being caught?" Matt asked.

"It doesn't matter, Nash already knows I've been out too late. He's probably waiting at the door so he can lecture me once I get home," I sighed.

I walked in ready to face the argument I was going to have with Nash but instead no one was around.

"Where is everyone?" Matt and I asked at the same time.

"I'll check upstairs," I said and went up the stairs. Nobody.

"Matt any sign of them," I yelled from upstairs.

"I think I hear them outside, I'll check," he yelled back.

"Wait I'm coming with you," I ran down the stairs and jumped on Matt's back.

"Let's go to neverland!" I yelled and pointed to the door.

We stepped outside to see the most amazing looking pool party ever. There were lights hung all around the pool, the pool had rainbow lights inside, the music was blasting on the speakers, and all the guys were here + Hadley and Mahogany .

"Hey I'm here your day just got better!" I yelled.

"Oh hey Evelyn." Nash said so casually.

"Guess he isn't mad we were gone," I laughed to Matt.

"Come on lets go get changed so we can swim," Matt said. I jumped on his back and he took me inside.

"Ok but you wait out here," I told Matt and went in my room to change.
(Swimsuit for Evelyn and Hadley up top)

Then we ran back outside, "What's a party without meee!" I yelled while jumping in the pool.

I was feeling really confident at the moment so, I decided to tell everyone about Me dating Matt.

"Attention, attention. Everyone, I have some news and Nash you have to promise you won't get mad." I said while getting out of the pool and standing on top of the diving board.

"I promise," Nash added.

"Ok well Matt and I are dating...Please don't be mad." I nervously said.

"I'm not mad. I knew it was bound to happen sometime, you guys are practically inseparable," Nash shrugged.

"Yaaasss!" I jumped off the diving board and into the pool again.

It was a really fun just swimming and catching up with all the guys plus it was Hadley's first pool party at our apartment.

"We should play extreme hide and seek outside." I suggested. Don't judge my little kid-ness.

"Ok everyone partner up," Taylor yelled.

I got with Hadley, Nash went with Cam, Hayes with Aaron, Jack and Jack, Taylor with Shawn, Carter and Matt, and lastly Jacob with Mahogany (#jox yes I still ship it😂💗)

Nash and Cam were the finders first.

"Hadley we should split up at first, then meet at the beginning of the forest over there," I pointed to the forest.

"Okay but why do we need to split up, I'm kinda scared," Hadley admitted.

"It's fine the forest isn't that big and if we split up its harder for them to find us," I explained to Hadley and then we split.
----
Hadley's pov.

To me honest I'm extremely scared of being alone at night, outside. I went and hid behind this storage barn thing.

Then, when I heard Cam and Nash leave to look in the front I made a run for it to the forest. Tbh I felt like I was in the hunger games or something.😂

I couldn't find Evelyn anywhere and I started to freak out.

"Evelyn!" I kept on yelling but I still couldn't find her.

I traveled farther back into the forest. Maybe she almost got found so she went back in the forest.

Still no sign of her and I started to have a panic attack. I used to get them all the time before I moved here but I haven't had one since.

I ended up just walking back and forth, crying and having no control of myself.

Suddenly, I bumped into someone, and that's when I lost it.

"Please don't kill me, please don't hurt me." I cried.

"Shhh... It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you," he pulled me into his chest and I realized it was just Hayes. He must of had the same idea as Evelyn to go in the forest, twin telepathy I guess.

Hayes pov.

I was hiding in the forest when I heard someone crying.

I saw Hadley freaking out, crying, and walking back and forth.

"Shhh... It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you, I assured her.

She looked up at me with her baby blue eyes and in the moment I knew I was in love with her.