chapter 6

Morgan had felt guilty and regret ever since he met Ethan the man who was married to his best friend.
He could clearly remember the first time he led his eyes on him,both he and Harry were visiting the less developed areas in the country because they had projects, they decided to eat lunch at the most popular resturant arround it wasn't necessary a bad place but Morgan would definitely never eat there if he had options but he was tired and hungry and anything would do.

His heart thumped wildly when he saw Ethan the man had been busy attending to other tables and cleaning, Morgan had never met a more beautiful man like Ethan, even with ragged chlothes and sweating as he tried to work ad fast as possible oblivious to the world around him.

" what are you looking at " Harry asked him once he got off his phone. "him, he is handsome " Morgan pointed at Ethan, who was now carrying a pile of dirty plates heading to the kitchen.

"man, I don't think dating anyone from this area is good anyway probably use you for money but he is kinda cute "Harry says.
" I don't know am not getting that vibe from him though he seems nice and I wouldn't mind helping out" Morgan said .

"I wouldn't waste my time besides you're way out of his league he would neve match up to our world " he said.
Ethan had agreed with harry even as they left the resturant deep down he wanted to go back and ask for the cute busboy's number.
To his surprise Harry introduced Ethan as his boyfriend a month later, Morgan ofcourse confronted him about it, Harry only told him that he did tell Ethan about him the man was interested in him instead, Morgan was speechless he didn't know how to act in front of Ethan since then and he thought Harry was right that Ethan was only here for the money,everyone thought that anyway and Harry never bothered to defend Ethan or warn his friends to be much nicer to his husband.

He could tell everytime Harry invited Ethan over on their nights how the man was uncomfortable since practically no one conversed with him only ignored 90% of the time, Morgan found himself being rude and mean for no reasons, but he was jealous and directed that as hate towards Ethan.

He was surprised when he learnt about Ethan looking for a position in his company a position so low he was sure Harry didn't know about it because the man would have a fit hearing his husband working like a slave for a salary that was like change to him so he didn't say a thing, the day when he held Ethan in arms as the cried for Mr parker a man he barely knew, his views changed he knew Ethan was not after money, Ethan didn't have a car or flashy chlothes he was always dressed simple and kind to everyone that it was impossible for anyone to even think Ethan was married to a wealthy man.

Since that day Morgan wanted to redem himself, he was much nicer and would always greet Ethan every morning when they met in the elevator not like he was always waiting for Ethan to show up that would be his secret to keep. But lately anyone could tell something was wrong with Ethan, he was always upsent minded he looked like he hardly slept he was smelt of distress, Morgan wanted to ask what was wrong but he knew that would be out of place it wouldn't be proper.

He stood up from his office chair when he notice he had not got any work done,his mind was busy thinking about someone who belonged to his best friend a man who would never be his ever, maybe in another life and Morgan would die just to have a piece of how it would feel like. sometimes he wishes he could go back to five years ago and went with his gut and asked Ethan out first.

Morgan walked out his office moving to the rooftop of the building for fresh air and he indeed felt much better just as he was about to leave the door opened and Ethan came through it looking a mess,
" Oh am so sorry I'll leave " he said quickly.
" no wait!" Morgan said and Ethan looked back at him, he felt his heart thumped harder as looked at ethan all he could see was misery and sadness in ethan's dark brown eyes maybe even anger.