Admirer (Voss x cape fox! reader)

I know this fennec fox ever since I could remember.

We were neighbors, childhood friends and even rivals. With others Voss is not very talkative, but when he opened up, he does have quite a sharp tongue. Mainly our fight turned out to be exchanged with fists than words, leaving us with bruises and a black eye most of the time. He couldn't stand it that when I, a cape fox, was making fun of his long ears. When I asked him if he was related to bats, he snapped, punching my nose hard. The fight among different kind of foxes was always a main issue.

It didn't change when I moved to the same school as he did.

Voss refused to even look at me, when I was against the wall not to get squished. Most of the time, I see him on the shoulders of his tall roommate wolf or that sheep dog. The others didn't see it, but he often pulls his tongue out at me. I would have kicked this grin off his face if he would have been on the same level as I am right now. None then less I couldn't help myself... having a massive crush on that stupid male fennec fox.

Therefore, it was obvious of who I made a valentines card for.

All I have to do now, is to sneak it into his room, while a bunch of canine boys are nearby. I decided to do it in the morning, while they all are still asleep. I checked the labels on the bed, seeing in which bed lays which canine. Voss was way too high to get up there, but with the envelope with his name on, I could simply just place it anywhere. Suddenly, I heard someone yawn loud, opening the curtains. In panic, I jumped into the nearest one and hid under the blanket. Collot the sheepdog announced for everyone to wake up, before heading towards the male wolf's bed. Legoshi is not a morning animal, wanting to get as much sleep time as possible.

By the time he opened his eyes, the rest of the boys are already dressed and ready to go.

Before they are all late, the left Legoshi alone and went into their first lesson of today. The male wolf however, couldn't care less, turning around to face the wall again...

He heard something squeaks loud.

Looking out off his bed, he checked the room...no one was there, turning back to the previous position. There was it again. As Legoshi got up from his mattress, pressing it down...his bed was fine. The male wolf was really tired, not to see the small bump at the blanket, lying back down. Lying on his stomach now, his large hand was placed beside my head, hitting my head...I shrieked. The sound was louder than the others, making the wolf jump in shock, hitting his head on the ceiling. Now he was wide awake. Removing the blanket, he saw something tiny and curled up in a ball, while a massive letter lied underneath it. Legoshi got curious, sniffing on to the creature, hearing it shriek again. The male wolf isn't used to the loud noise, falling backwards out off his bed.

That is when I showed him my face, while a small tear was on one of my eye, "That really hurt you know"

"What...what are you doing in my bed?" Legoshi leaned forwards, placing his head onto this mattress, inched apart from mine. I wanted to show him the letter, but the size of that monster slapped the wolf by accident, "...sorry..." I could consider myself lucky that Legoshi isn't the type to get angry easily. To my surprise his tail was wiggling, as I stood up. He liked this tiny fox before him, as I explained why I was there, "Well...this is for Voss, could you...I mean...you are tall...can you place this letter on his bed?"

"Is this a love letter?"

Obviously, since it was sealed with a heart sticker, "...yes...but don't tell him who it was. Please, it shall be our secret" Legoshi began to like me even more, helping me out. What we both didn't expect, was that the boss is back to get the male wolf, "Legoshi...what is talking you so long?!" He was about to place the letter on the bed, as the fennec fox asked, "What are you doing?"

Legoshi was bad at lying and Voss knows that.

Since it was meant for the fennec fox, the wolf just handed it over, "This is for you." While the small one was occupied, Legoshi was looking for me. The moment I heard the door opened I hide myself inside the bin next to the bed. Voss raised a brow, as the male wolf went on all fours, looking for the cape fox.

"What are you doing now Legoshi?"

"I lost something"

Voss got really angry with his roommate, climbing on to the box in front of the window, stomping his feet, "We are going to miss class!" The male wolf looked curious at Voss, pulling him up to look inside the box underneath him, before placing the fox back down. The small fennec was having a tantrum at the wolf's weird behavior, "Fine, I go without you!" Grabbing the letter, he left the room.

"Legoshi?"

The male wolf's eyes went up, moving towards the rustling, "What are you doing in the bin?"

"Hiding, did Voss get my letter?"

Legoshi nodded, "Yeah, is that okay for you?"

I thanked him for his help, wishing him a good day. But instead of letting me leave the place on my own, Legoshi offered his shoulder, "We can go together, if you want." He would never admit that he does find small animals cute. What turned out harmless was in class a disaster. His canine roommates all looked up to the tall wolf, seeing me on his shoulder. Voss would never forgive him for this. At the cafeteria he punched Legoshi on the head for this, "How could you carry her, this is my spot...you hear me, my spot!" Instead of real punches, it felt like he was poking Legoshi cheek. Collot had another guess of why fennec was furious, "Just admit it, you are jealous that she likes Legoshi."

"Who do you mean?"

They all knew of the love letter, with his size it was impossible to hide it. It wasn't mentioned of who this girl was, but Voss hoped that it would be me. Despite of our constant fights, he had a huge crush on me, but wouldn't tell anyone. Poor Legoshi had to feel the wrath of the small fox all day, getting pulled on is tail, ripping out this fur or just kick simply ignored the wolf's apology. As revenge, he peed into Legoshi's bed, but it didn't go as planned. Everyone knew in an instant that this little splat of wet patch was defiantly from the jealous fennec. For that, Legoshi took over the bed from Voss while he had to sleep in the smelly bed of the wolf a punishment. Voss decided to meet up with his secret admirer anyway, using another girl to make me and Legoshi jealous.

What he didn't know, was that I wanted to surprise him inside the canines room.

Sneaking in like the last time, prepared myself to climb the ladder to his bed. Seeing something about the same size as me, I cuddled Voss tight, "Happy valentine!" I kissed the nose of the small male, realizing that it wasn't real, "Wait...plastic?" The lights went on and the curtain was pulled aside. All including Voss looked into the bed, seeing me hug Voss little plush animal, that resembled a cape fox, while Legoshi just backed off panicking, "I don't know how she get in here, I swear!" He didn't want to get another day of torture from the boss. He fears this small fox when he gets angry.

That night, we had a lot of explaining to do.

Thankfully, Voss accepted it all and looked forward to go on a date with me. Legoshi wasn't allowed to get anywhere near me, otherwise the fennec fox will bite him as a warning. If I wanted to be on someone's shoulder, then only Collot or the other boys, Legoshi was a no go. Voss hasn't changed a bit since, he still is a loud mouth when he gets warm around others and won't hesitate to fight me again over some stupid comments.

Well that is what we are...two fools...and madly in love with each other.