XXIX: Highway to Hell

OLIVIA WASNT QUITE SURE WHERE TO POOF THEM TOO.

At first, the girl considered the Orpheum roof but considering how emotionally exhausted Luke probably was she just poofed them back to Julie's house.

The two ghosts stood on the front porch of the Molina household. By then the Patterson boy had already stopped crying, now they were just leaning on the wooden rail.

Olivia's back leaned against the rail while Luke's arms were still tightly wrapped around her waist, his face resting in the crook of her neck, her own hands around his torso.

They stayed in each other's embrace for a few minutes before Olivia brought a hand up to run through Luke's hair.

"How are you feeling?" She whispered. Luke breathed in a deep breath and removed his head from where it was resting on her shoulder to look at her.

"I'm not sure. I've had so many regrets ever since the day I ran away from home and I was always beating myself up about it you know? Mom didn't deserve any of the shit I threw at her, I was selfish and cruel and they didn't deserve it.

And ever since we came back as ghosts and I saw how much they missed me I just felt even worse. The number of times I would sit beside her and say "Mom I'm right here" but she couldn't hear me.

The number of times I would say "dad I'm sorry" but he couldn't hear me. I hated being there but not being there-'' Luke took a breath as Olivia played with their intertwined hands

"But seeing them read the song I don't know, i-i guess I'm just relieved they got to see how I felt. How sorry I was." Luke whispered as he looked at the ground, Olivia placed a tender hand against the boy's cheek and he simply leaned into her touch. He gave her palm a soft kiss as she smiled at him.

"They got to hear what you had to say, you did everything you could. You were a good son Luke, don't ever doubt that." Olivia said softly, Luke gave the girl a grateful smile as his heart soared.

Olivia had always been there from the start, since day 1. She had seen him through all his darkest moments and he couldn't be more grateful for all the girl had done for him.

Footsteps were heard behind them and the ghosts turned to see Julie walking up the steps to the porch. Luke just tightened his grip on the girl's waist as Olivia brought her hand down from Luke's face as Julie faced them.

"I'm sorry for overstepping" Julie started but Luke shook his head.

"No I-I just had to leave. That was..."

"You don't have to say anything" Julie reassured but Luke continued.

"Yeah, I do uh- I didn't have many regrets in my life except for running out on my parents. Especially my mom, thank you" The boys said tenderly, Julie smiled.

"You helped me feel more connected to my mom so I wanted to do the same thing for you" She smiled at the boy and the two ghosts exchanged smiles.

"Oh my gosh! I almost forgot to tell you guys! Flynn said the video that my dad posted on youtube is trending!" Julie exclaimed, but the two ghosts frowned.

"Trending on youtube?" Olivia voiced confusion, what the hell was youtube?

"That's a good thing, it means people love our music. We'll be getting calls from managers now." Julie said happily, Olivia bit her lip as Luke glanced down at her with the same guilty look.

"There's something we have to tell you" Olivia sighed.

"Oh, ok" Julie's smile dropped slightly at the two ghosts' fallen demeanor.