🖤

"Mumma yaar! Pehli baar thodi na jaa rhi hu."

(I am not going for the first time.)

Charvi whined to her mother who was working in the kitchen.

"Aur maine kabhi mana bhi nhi kia. Lekin raat ka safar hai aur itni dur mai akele toh nhi jaane dungi tujhe."

(And I never denied. But its night journey and so far I am not sending you alone.)

She whined yet again and said.

"Toh kya kru mai? Mana krdu kya?"

(So what do I do? Deny them?)

She asked annoyed and her mother shrugged.

"Mujhe nhi pata. Ya toh boss se kaho ki din ka safar kre. Ya phir mana kr de."

(I don't know. Either ask the boss to shift the journey to day or else deny.)

"Mumma din ka safar nhi ho skta na. Uss din client se important meeting hai. Aur agar same day night ko nhi nikli toh waha jaake next day ki arrangements nhi ho paayengi."

(It cannot be day journey. I have a meeting with the client that day. And if I don't leave the same day then arrangements for the next day would not be possible.)

She explained her mother and she turned to Charvi.

"Mai samajh gyi beta lekin mai aise kaise tujhe akele jaane du. Din ka safar hota toh mujhe kabhi koi dikkat nhi hui lekin raat ko itni dur nhi. Papa bhut gussa krenge. Aur safe bhi nhi hai."

(I understand that but I can't let you go alone. If it was day journey I would never have denied but its night journey and too far. Papa will be angry. And its not safe.)

Lowering her head she went to the only person who could understand her right now.

He was in the living room when she slumped beside him.

"Vansh!"

He chuckled and slid her hair from her face.

"Kya hua?"

(What happened?)

She told him the entire problem and he nodded.

"Haan toh sahi toh keh rhi hai aunty. Agar office se koi saath hota toh kisi ko problem nhi thi. Aur aunty uncle toh kitne supportive hai. But this is not safe Charu."

(Aunty is right. If someone from the office was there then there was no issue. Aunty uncle are very supportive.)

"You are supposed to help me."

She whined and he smiled caressing her hair.

Just then Namrata came there and he stopped sitting straight.

"Kya hua? Aise muh kyu latkaya hua hai?"

(What happened? Why this sad face?)

She asked Charvi and she made a crying face.

"Aunty!"

She told her the entire problem and Namrata smiled.

"Arre toh Veer ko bhi jaana hai Chandigarh. Wo agle din subah jaane wala tha. Mai bol dungi raat mai nikal jaayega. Tu uske saath chali jaana. Phir bhabhi ko bhi koi dikkat nhi hogi aur tera bhi kaam ho jaayega."

(Veer also has to go to Chandigarh. He was supposed to leave next day morning. I'll ask him to leave in night. You go with him. Bhabhi will not have any problem then and your work will also be done.)