CHAPTER 10

"Matron! Viona's got a boyfriend! So, can I have one too?!"

I facepalmed myself as the girl with auburn hair and vibrant blue eyes shouted at the front yard after seeing Philip with me.

"Viona? Is it true?"

Matron came out of the orphanage heartily, "Ah! Come inside, you two. We need to talk about this. And Natasha, we're just talking about this. No boyfriend for you yet."
"So unfair..." Natasha sulked while going back to play with a slouchy back.

"Matron, not you too."

Her hands opened up the gate, "Sst... It's rare to see you bring a guy, Viona. So, tell me. How do you find this fine gentleman?"
I passed the gate while bringing the basket and bouquet, then replied, "Matron... he is Philip. Don't you remember?"
"What?! That Philip?! Oh my goodness," Matron said as she clasped his hands, "you've grown so much. I will entrust our Viona to you, young man."
"I'm sorry to burst your bubble," Philip chuckled.

"But... I'm not her boyfriend, Madame."

"Really?!" Natasha approached us again with sparkles in her eyes and said, "Then, please be my boyfriend, Mr. Philip!"
"Natasha!" Matron scolded, then looked at us remorsefully and said, "I'm sincerely sorry for the misunderstanding. Viona, Philip."
"It's alright, Matron. You made me happy because you see me as a great friend for Viona," Philip bowed politely, "thank you for your honor."

"You're welcome, young Philip."

My heart was grateful and relieved when my best friend said that without being awkward. He's a good talker; I've admired him for that since I was young. Thank goodness, his confession and mine didn't affect our current relationship. Maybe it could cause rumors in the future, but I didn't care.

As long as my magic can handle it later.

Philip patted my shoulder three times. I looked at him with surprise. He smiled while pointing at his timepiece.

"Viona, I have to go now."

"So, soon?"

"Yeah," he responded, "I still have work."
He bowed until his brown hair fell gracefully and said, "It's nice to talk with you again, Viona."
"Likewise," I also bowed.

Then, Philip walked away from us while waving his hand.
I smiled while waving back and said, "Be careful on the way."

###

After he was out of our sight, I excused myself to drop what was bought in the kitchen, a bouquet to my room, and go to the bathroom. Besides my painful chest, there was nothing ordinary on the way. Yet, I felt something more oddly different than usual. Therefore, I looked at my reflection in the window.

At first, I didn't realize it until my eyes glanced at something on my hand. It made me run to the washroom as fast as I could. I searched for it based on where they were coming from. Luckily, it's just my imagination.

Relieved that there was no drastic change in me, I threw up blood again on the washstand.