PROLOGUE

"Good morning, Ms. Cadbury. How are you doing?"

I turned around to see the lovely lady with purple eyes and long black hair standing there.
She was holding a broomstick, maybe for sweeping dust in front of her door.
"Good morning to you too, Mrs. Belladonna. I'm feeling good today," I said, greeting her back while holding the stuff that I bought from the specialty store carefully, "Thank you for asking about my day. I hope God has blessed you too."
"Oh, my," she chuckled, "if the star witch says so, I will be blessed with happiness for sure."

I flinched when my nickname came out of her mouth, "You're flattering me, Mrs. Belladonna."

"However, it's the truth. Even my boy here will agree too."

"Hey!" A young man with black hair and violet eyes came out of her house and said, "I told you. It's not like that, Mother."
"Aww, don't lie to me. You always compliment her beautiful long blond hair and graceful black eyes," she said playfully.
He blushed and stuttered, "Uh... I don't kn-know what you were talking about, M-mother."

"Right," her violet eyes turned to me, "I'm sorry if I'm being rude. Are you married, Ms. Cadbury?"

Here it comes.
that question once more.
I wonder why people always ask me that.

"No, I'm not married yet, and there's no intention to do so."

"Why?" she asked, surprised, "you're so beautiful. Everyone here is curious about when your wedding will be. Perhaps, do you have someone in your heart?"

A girl with navy blue hair and silver eyes flashed into my mind. She was smiling at me while her white dress danced flawlessly with a gentle wind. as if she were still here with me.

If only... You're still alive, Trix.

With a smile, I answered her question sincerely.

"Yes, I do."

"Oh! Who is he?" she asked with shining stars in her eyes.

"They are my childhood friend from my hometown,"

She was intrigued and asked, "Will you marry him?"
"I would," I replied with a smile, "if I could meet them again someday."

"I apologize for my rudeness!"

Hearing my answer, Mrs. Belladonna's eyes swelled up. She bowed politely while apologizing repeatedly.
"It's okay, you aren't in the wrong here. So... please stand up," I said awkwardly.
The black-haired woman stood up with teary eyes. Then, the big bell chimed three times.

I looked at the time; it was five in the evening.

It's time to go home.

"It's nice to talk with you, Mrs. Belladona. But, I have to go now."

"Is it work?"

"Yes," I answered, "I need to finish something before midnight."
"Oh, alright, then. Be careful on your way home," Mrs. Belladonna said, waving her hand.
"I will," I said as I waved goodbye to her son as he froze on his feet.

I hope he was okay.

With only a snap of my finger, I vanished into thin air and arrived at my home safely.

###

Metallic things? Check.

A golden timepiece? Check.

Some black dust? Check.

The last thing-

Hold on, there's a warning here.