Chapter 14

So I guess I won't be deleting this book after all! (:

Don't forget to vote!

Chapter 14

I open my eyes slowly and whimper at the pain that goes through my head. It hurts. Everything hurt. My arms were aching from being tied up so long.

I noticed I was in a different room, with only a bed in it. I started to scream, but noticed something was on my mouth. Tape. My stomach made a low whistle sound, reminding me that I hadn't eaten. How long had I been here?

The only thing I could do was wait, and listen to the sound of water falling from leak in the roof.

Connor POV

There was Blake, Matthew, Riley, and Chase, but no sign of Layla. It was obvious who had kidnapped her. It's all my fault. If I hadn't been asleep and absorbed in my own problems I could have protected her. I've been trying to contact her all night.

I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if she were to get hurt.

"Alpha," I looked up to see a weak looking Blake in front of me.

"What!" I nearly growl. "H-He took her?"

I run my fingers through my hair and growl at him. "We already know that! Now which way did he take her!"

"Into, the- hmm," he was trying to remember," into the east woods! I'm sure of it!"

Where I killed my father? But most importantly where I killed his mother. If I'm not mistaken, he wants revenge. He is either going to kill her there or he has something else planned. But what?!

I growl a kick the nearby shelf in frustration. I need to get her back.

This is your fault, my wolf comments.

Don't you think I already know.

I'm aware of that, but he has my mate and you're too busy feeling sorry for yourself to go out and find her!

I block him through our connection. I don't need him making me feel worse.

Layla's POV

The door finally opens, and Lucian walks in. He has a smile on his face, which confuses me.

"Ah, Layla aren't you glad to see me?" He asked and turns around to look out the door and yells, "Mara hurry up with her food, I don't pay you to be this slow!"

The same woman from earlier- or maybe it was yesterday, walks in with a tray of food, looking cleaner but she has fresh bruises. "You don't pay me at all, you wretch."

He chuckles," I pay you by letting you live, now feed her. She will need to be strong before she goes." Go where? Why would I need to be strong if he was going to kill me? What if he has something worse planned for me?

Tears began to prickle my eyes. He throws me a warning glance. "Save your tears for later when you'll need them." He leaves the room. Mara rips the tape off of my mouth carelessly.

"What is he going to do to me?" I ask her, my voice was nearly gone from screaming.

"Just know it's better then what he had in mind at first, which was to kill you. Slowly." She feeds me a spoonful of mash potatoes, then stuffs my face with steak. She never gave me a chance to talk which was probably what she was trying to do.

When she was done feeding me she started untying my wrists and feet.

"Are you letting me go?" I ask and stand up. "No, you have to get a shower and put on some acceptable clothes before your mission, miss." She yanks me out of the small room, down a narrow hallway and into a bathroom that was already set.