Chapter 13

We were laying in bed, not saying a word to eachother, just looking into each other's eyes. I couldn't tell how he felt by the blank look on his face, almost as if he weren't there mentally. We hadn't said a word since his story. As a mate I wanted to be there for him, but I didn't know how. I turn over on my side and stare at the wall, I could feel his eyes burning holes into my back, making me shift uncomfortably.

"You should go talk to Danny, she needs someone right now," i sighed and got no answer. "It's a lot for her to take in."

The only thing I heard was his breathing, I turned over and looked at him, to see his eyelids has fallen shut and he was in a peaceful slumber. I kissed his cheek, as I got out of bed and headed towards the door.

I really needed some Netflix right now, so I headed towards the movie room. The pack house was pretty big, I haven't discovered the other wings yet, I should do that tomorrow. There were several rooms, the size of whole apartments, minus the kitchen. I hadn't met all of the members of the pack, but some, who had already suspected I was Connor's mate.

The walls of the pack house were littered with pictures of kids, Connor included, I could pick him out of the group easily, taller than most of the kids. There was one where everyone was making a silly face, everyone but him. I smiled.

As i neared the movie room I heard laughter. I opened the door and frowned.

"What the fuck? Why wasn't I invited?" I ask while looking at my friends, who were wiping their faces from the tears of laughter.

"We figured you needed time to yourself," Blake answered, and paused the movie. Matty nodded his head in agreement as he stuffed popcorn into his bigmouth. "You can join us if you want."

I jumped onto Blake's lap excitedly and he pressed play. We were watching some movie called Bad Grandpa, it sounded boring.

I gasped in horror and busted out laughing when the main character, got his.... stuck in the vending machine.

"What kind of movie is this?" I asked.

Riley shushed me.

We continued watching, by the end of the movie I was feeling better. As good as better gets.

"Mall." Riley said.

"What? Right now?"

"Yea why not?" Matty asked.

"Ohh I don't know, maybe because it's night," I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"It's open twenty-four-seven, where have you been all your life? Everyone knows the mall is always open," Matty said and I glared at him.

"Let's go, I'll drive," Chase jingled his keys. "Wait, I need my shoes."

I ran out quickly, using my werewolf speed to get to my room and put my shoes. Then ran back down.

"Ready. Can I drive?"

"Absolutely. Not." Blake glared at me,"do you not remember what happened last time when I almost died."

"You're a werewolf, suck it up." I brushed it off. "Do not let her drive!"

"Don't worry I won't," Chase said.

"SHOTGUN!" Riley called.

"That's what you're going to get killed with if you take my seat," Matty threatened jokingly.

Blake, Riley, and I sat in the back while Matty sat in the front and Chase drove. It was a boring ride, until I reached over and turned on the radio.