So what are we supposed to just sit around and wait?”

“I wish I had better news for you sir, now if you would please excuse me I have other patients I need to tend to.”

This is all my fault.” Kaiden sank into his chair, feeling helpless.

“It’s not, you did what you thought was best for her. Sometimes things just don’t work out as you plan.”

Well I can’t just sit here doing nothing. I need to prepare for all possible outcomes when she wakes up.”

A few days later

“I just saw Jerome in the hallway and he said you haven’t left her bedside. I think you need to go home and have a shower, Nova wouldn’t want to see you looking like a mess.”

Mum, what are you doing here?” Kaiden got up and engulfed Athena in his arms.

“Well, your father told me about everything that has been going on and I thought maybe my baby boy needs me.

Thank you mum. Has dad sorted out things with the new Don of Brutali Fuorilegge?”

“Let’s just say an agreement has been made that will benefit both parties involved. You should call your uncle Fernando, he is the one that sorted things out between the families.”

I will. I’m sorry you guys still have to clean up the mess I make. I’m 28 years old, I should do better, be better.”

“Hey, your father and I are extremely proud of and would do anything for you. So stop this pity party right now, that girl needs you to be strong for her.” Athena gestured towards an unconscious Nova.

There’s one more thing I need your and dads help with.”

Kaiden spent the next few minutes explaining to his mother how he thought he saw Haley at a diner, then about the note that appeared on his door before the box of paper rings in his office.

“Go home and clean yourself up, I will stay here with Nova and also talk to your father about what you have just told me. You’re not going crazy son, I believe you.” Athena placed her hand on Kaiden’s arm offering some comfort.

Promise you’ll call me if anything changes? They stopped the medication inducing her coma yesterday so she should wake up soon.” Kaiden pleaded with his mother before kissing Nova on the forehead.

“I brought coffee.” Jerome re-entered the room, much like Kaiden he found it hard leaving Nova’s side for too long – this however didn’t come from a place of love but rather obsession.

As Jerome handed out the refreshments, a stirring came from Nova bed – to everyone’s delight she had been waking up. Doctors were immediately called to check on her and everyone else was asked to leave the room.

“Mr Romano?”

Yes?”

“Miss Stratford is in good health however she seems to be suffering from retrograde amnesia.”

“In terms we understand please doc.” Jerome quipped.

“Unfortunately she is unable to remember any past events as well as who she is.”

This is some sort of joke, so you’re telling me she won’t remember who we are?”

“More importantly how long does this type of amnesia last for?”

“It depends of each patient and the support they receive.”

Fuck, I need to see her for myself.” Kaiden pushed passed the doctor and ran into Nova’s room.

Nova baby, I’m here.”

“You.”

Do you recognise who I am?” Kaiden gleamed.

“Not you, him.” Nova pointed and Kaiden turned around only to find Jerome standing behind him.

” Nova pointed and Kaiden turned around only to find Jerome standing behind him