Chapter 12

"THE BLACK PANTHER IS READY FOR YOU!"

It was over. Izuku Midoriya had won the first challenge. You went up to him, coming in second yourself, and enveloped him in a bone crushing hug. Midoriya's face flushed red but hesitantly wrapped his arms around your back.

Todoroki and Bakugo came running in, claiming third and fourth place. Once they saw you wrapped up in Midoriya's arms they gave him low grumbles and cold stares. Midoriya smirked and squeezed you tighter as if to say 'Jealous?'

"You did it Izuku. You got first place." You smiled, pulling away from the hug.

"And I have you to thank for it!" You gave the boy a confused look. "If you wouldn't have kept me up in the air, I would have lost my lead once I fell to the ground. So, thank you Y/n." You gave your friend a thankful smile, though you knew that it was Midoriya's brains that won him the lead.

As the speakers blared to life the two of you turned to the podium. "The first game for the first years is finally over, and what a game it was! Now, lets take a quick look at the standards shall we?" The crowd turned as the list of the students went by. The top ten, were as follows:

1 - Class A: Izuku Midoriya

2- Class A: Y/n L/n

3- Class A: Shouto Todoroki

4- Class A: Katsuki Bakugo

5 - Class B: Ibara Shiozaki

6 - Class B: Juzo Honenuki

7 - Class A: Tenya lida

8 - Class A: Fumikage Tokoyami

9 - Class A: Hanta Sero

10 - Class A: Eijirou Kirishima ...and so on.
Only the top 42 make it to the next round.

"Yeah Kiri, getting to the top ten I see" You chanted walking over to him.

"Just barely, I was this close to passing Sero." He said holding up his fingers with so little space between it was barely visible.

"Congrats on second! You were amazing out there!"

"Thank you my friends."

"Don't be let down if you didn't make it through." Midnight calls through the stands.

"We've prepared other activities for you to shine. Now, the real fun is about to begin!" The screen started yet again through the names of challenges that would soon decide your fate in these game. After much waiting it finally lands on..!

"Ugh, cavalry battle? I'm terrible at those." Kaminari grumbled from beside you.

"Allow me to explain." Midnight started.

"Participants will form teams of 2-3 as they see fit. Much like your every day playground game, with one difference. As you go up a player's points value increases by five. So 42nd has five, 41st has ten, so on."

'Okay, so if I'm correct, I have 205 points. Not bad.'

"And that point value for first place is.. 10,000,000!" Izuku went blank as everyone turned to him, all thinking the same thing. 'Take this guy out.' "That's right. This is a chance for the bottom to overthrow the top!" Midnight explained the rules of the game. Basically all the members' points will be added up to create the team's point value, which is worn on a headband. The four teams that have the most points at the end will progress into the final round.