Chapter 9

"THE BLACK PANTHER IS READY FOR YOU!"

The class was lively with talk about the aftermaths of the attack. Some talking about being seen on the news, others mentioning their roles in the fight. The chatter was cut to a stop when lida burst in telling everyone to get into there seats.

"Um, Iida?" You started, "We're all already seated." Iida sat down with a glum face, teeth clenched and hands shaking. "Don't sweat in bud."

'Hm, I wonder who's gonna fill in for Aizawa-san toda-'"Good morning class."

"MR. AIZAWA WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" As if on cue your homeroom teacher walked in through the front door. Wrapped in bandages from head to toe.

"Mr. Aizawa! I'm glad you're okay!" Iida called out with his arm in the air.

"You call that okay?" Uraraka whispered.

"My well being is irrelevant, what's more important is your battle isn't over yet." A familiar shudder spread across the room. You all waited in anticipation for Aizawa to continue.

"..the UA Sports Festival is about to start."

"The Sports Festival?!"

"Lets go kick dome ass-!" Kirishima started to cheer but was quickly stopped by Kaminari shoving his face away. You couldn't help but chuckle as the red head rubbed his cheek and gave you a quirky smile.

"Is it really such a good idea to hold the Sports Festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jiro questioned. 'She has a point.'

Aizawa gave a tired sigh. "Apparently the administration thinks this is good way to show that the threat has been handled, and that our school is safer than ever. Plus, they're beefing up security compared to past years. This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA. Its not something we can cancel because of a few villains."

"U-uh I'm sorry but why not? Its just the
Sports Festival." You turned around to face the cowering Mineta.

"You're right, its JUST the Sports Festival. One of the most important events in our UA career. You know that, don't you?"

"Of course I do Y/n! I just don't wanna get murdered." 'Then how you gonna be a hero if you ain't willing to risk your life to save others and keep them safe??'

"The UA Sports Festival is one of the
most watched events in the world." Aizawa continued. "In the past everyone obsessed over the Olympic Games, but then quirks started appearing. Now that the Olympics have been wildly diminished, only one competition matters. The UA Sports Festival."

"Pros everywhere will be watching this. This is how we get scouted!" Momo said.

"Right, after people graduate lots of them join pro agencies as sidekicks." You said with a smile.

"Yeah but that's as far as some go." Jiro joined the conversation. "That's probably where you're going Kaminari. You're kinda dumb." You held back to urge to burst out laughing as your friend clenched his chest in aggravation.

"That's exactly why the Sports Festival matters." Aizawa jumped in. "If you wanna go pro one day then this event could open a path for you.