Chapter 11

"THE BLACK PANTHER IS READY FOR YOU!"

"THE FIRST YEARS OF CLASS 1-A!!!"
As you all walked into the stadium the crowd became even more lively than it was before.

Cheers and chants for class 1-A were heard throughout the whole stadium.

"The other classes must not be too happy." Kaminari whispered into your ear with a smug grin on his face as you made your way to the center of the stadium. You couldn't help but chuckle at the electric blonde's joke. What you didn't see amongst your laughter, however, was the cold stares of both Bakugo and Izuku towards said boy.

As you all continued to walk through the fields classes B through K were announced and got their share of cheers and welcome. "Now the introductory speak!" Midnight called out the rows upon rows of people around her. You could very easily hear the "Oohs" and "Aahs" directed towards her costume, that probably wasn't appropriate to be wearing in a school setting, more than anything.

"Uh. someone should talk to Miss Midnight about what she's wearing." Kirishima mumbled, obviously a bit flustered.

"Well, she isn't the R-rated hero for nothing I guess." You said.

"Silence everyone!" Midnight continued.

"Before we get to the pledge I would like to announce that the king of Wakanda will be joining us today!" She yells out excitedly as everyone cheers and your dad makes an entrance.

Around him are the guards from Wakanda he waves and smiles at everyone as he approaches Midnight and starts to talk into the mic, "thank you midnight I am glad to be here today and I would like to wish my daughter/son good luck I'm talking to you Y/n."

The moment your classmates hear him they snap their heads towards you, "WHAT!?!?" You nearly go deaf from how loud they are you then sweatdrop and smile sheepishly, "I'll tell y'all later?"

Your dad then goes to sit in the stands at the top in his own booth with his guards, midnight then a continues, "Now, for the student pledge we have selected two students. Bakugo Katsuki and L/n Y/n!!" 'Oh yeah, forgot about that. ' Bakugo and you both made your way up to the pedestal.

As you did so, he leaned over and whispered in your ear.

"Y/n, today we are rivals. I'm not gonna go easy on you. And you better not go easy on me."

"Of course not Katsuki. I'd accept it no other way." You said calmly keeping your eyes forward.

It felt wrong saying that. Of course you'd be holding back. You didn't want to kill him! But he didn't need to know that.

You two eventually made your way to the pedestal and stood beside the microphone. You stood a bit father away so Bakugo could go first.

'"I just wanna say. I'm gonna win." 'Really?' The whole crowd of students erupted with boos and, unsurprisingly, Bakugo wasn't fazed in the slightest.

"Alright that's quite enough of you Kat." You said slowly pushing Bakugo off the stage. The only thing you received back was a mere growl at the use of his nickname. You then made your way to the front of the mic, taking a deep breath before looking out to the group of students who had at this point quieted down and didn't seem to look as hateful as before.