Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Unconventional Genius

         Staring at the finished brewed potions on the table, Safira was feeling a little speechless.

  " How is it, Miss Safira? Is it good? "

The deceptively looking innocent young boy asked battling his eyelashes at her. She could see a smug grin forming on his face even though he was trying hard to cover them.

Observing the potions on the table, Safira has the urge to sigh in reluctance or glare at her student.

It's only been a week and a few days but Dorcas has made a lot of progress after adhering to the rules and her instructions. Now laying on the table was a bunch of middle-rank potions.

Safira then picked up one of the mana potions. She uncorked the potion and smell it. She can't smell anything on it which is a good sign. Under the surprised expression of Dorcas, she didn't hesitate to drink the mana potion.

After drinking the potion, Safira felt that she could cast a lot of magic spells again. Her mana now recovered– before it was depleted, due to her using a lot of magic spells earlier.

Under the anticipating gaze of Dorcas, Safira nodded her head. Dorcas then has a wide smile on his face as he celebrated his victory.

Safira who was watching the happy Dorcas could only shake her head. Dorcas' progression on potion studies wouldn't progress much if it wasn't for the ingredients and materials that were provided thanks to Duke Burgen.

Aspiring alchemists would always need to worry about the cost of making potions. But for Dorcas who has a very rich father, it wasn't a worry for him as he can brew many potions as he wants to his heart's content.

But other than the supply of the materials and ingredients, a large contributing factor to Dorcas's progress was his hard work, knowledge, and talent.

In the Whipper Kingdom, young and talented mage prodigies aren't uncommon to know. Safira herself was hailed as a young mage prodigy when she was just a little girl. But young and genius alchemists were uncommon.

There has never been a young genius alchemical prodigy in the Whipper Kingdom in the current generation. Though, there wasn't also a genius alchemist listed in the history of the Whipper Kingdom. Maybe, they exist in the other kingdoms, but not here in the Whipper.

" Miss Safira since I successfully brewed 10 middle-tier mana potions and health potions, can I now attempt to experiment in potion brewing? You have promised! "

Hearing Dorcas, Safira couldn't help but roll her eyes. This spoiled and eccentric brat was determined to make his ideas happen.

But even if he was a prodigy in potion brewing, it was hard to tell if he was also a genius in the other aspects of alchemy though there was a chance that Dorcas could also be one. He has a lot of outrageous ideas but maybe they would have a chance of possibility.

Once his ideas worked, then it would be truly official for Dorcas to be hailed as an alchemical genius.

" You have succeeded in brewing the potions... As per our agreement, you can experiment with potion brewing from now on, but you would be always under my observation when you are attempting those experiments of yours. "

" Thank you, Miss Safira! Then, can I start now? "

This brat...

---------------------------

Approaching midnight at the Burgen Household in Dorcas' room, unlike the usual nightly excursion to Thrifa Town, Dorcas remained in his room awake under the guide of Derrick Berg. On his hand was a brewed potion.

Dorcas uncorked the potion and a disgusting smell was unleashed. He grimaces under the smell and even has the urge to throw up.

But even if the smell was disgusting, Dorcas must drink the potion. He spent a lot of time reading books about magical plants, materials, and magical beasts during the past few days. Dorcas has read them in hopes of finding alternative ingredients for his potion Light Supplicant.

The result was satisfactory as he have manage to find alternative ingredients.

For the piece of brilliance rock or Powder of Dazzling Soul, Dorcas substituted a Sun Gem.

Sun Gem was like a Mana Stone that was used in a lot of Magical devices but the Sun Gem was a product made by the Church of the Sun God for their magical devices. It was said that it was a gift given by the Sun God.

Dorcas wasn't surprised by the presence of Gods and Goddesses and Magical Churches in this world. From reading a lot of Isekai and Tensei novels, it was a common trope. What he was surprised to find out was that their Kingdom doesn't worship any Gods or Goddesses but nature.  Because of that, they were deemed Heretics by some other religious kingdoms.

Also, Dorcas thought that having the sun gem which is affiliated with the Sun God of this world was oddly fitting since he was threading the Sun Pathway.

In the future, maybe Dorcas could just put materials and items that were said to be created or blessed by the Sun God of this world.

For the Blood of the Mirror Hedgehog or Heart of the Magma Titan, Dorcas decided to substitute it with the Heart of the Giant Fire Ant.

For the supplementary ingredients of golden edge sunflower and 3 drops of Aconite juice, Dorcas was surprised to find that they existed in this world. Golden edge sunflower is a magical plant that existed in Mogoru Empire where the largest location of the Sun God is located.

As for Aconite Juice, it was an alchemical brew that can be obtained by brewing the Aconite flower which can be found around the whipper kingdom. It is also existed in his past world and known as poisonous.

Dorcas wasn't certain but he was certain that the aconite poison was featured in Romeo and Juliet. It's been a long time since he read and watched a play of it...

Dorcas knows that it would be hard for him to remember things. Once he has researched enough, someday, he would create a potion that would enhance and make the drinker remember every memory of their own.

Staring at the full moon through the window, Dorcas raise the potion as if he was clinking his potion like a drink. Grimacing, Dorcas plugged his nose with his fingers before drinking all of the potions.

After drinking it, Dorcas complained about the taste and decided to hide the bottle on one of his shelves.

Sitting in bed, Dorcas frowned.

' Weird. Why can't I – Agh! '

Before Dorcas could fully complain inside his mind, he collapse on the bed feeling pain and heat all over his body. Losing consciousness, Dorcas cursed inside his mind. Didn't the blessing information tell him that there would be no losing control or going mad? What is this?