11 - Always connected

Start from the beginning

"Ooh that hurts Brodes, that cut deep. My eight pack and me will show ourselves to the door", laughter sounds around the room at the bickering between them, Brody holding up one finger as she 'counts his abs'.

"Alright!" Wallace shouts as he emerges into the room, scanning the room for answers to the laughter. Eyes landing on me and Brody, our heads still resting on each other. A small smile breaks out on his face as her looks to us. What's he smiling about? He starts to speak, commenting on the situation. I hope this explains what the look he's giving us means.

"You know, you don't have to wear the same clothes off ice". Nope, that's not what he is thinking. Instead of stating his mind, he makes a joke of the situation. A small laugh escaping me still at the funny situation.

"Yeah, yeah. Ok we get it we are matching. Can we do debrief please? We're tired", I beg, needing a shower and rest, Brody needing that and some ice for her face and body after the bashing she took today and supposedly last night boxing. I still need to talk to her about that, I didn't see her till this afternoon at press so didn't see the bruises until then.

"Ok Mr. Grumpy pants, one debrief coming right up", he jokes, sending me a smile as everyone laughs, once again. I send him a fake glare as Brody giggles beneath me. My stomach getting butterfly's from her light laughter as she leans against me half asleep.

"Right, we all played well today. It started rough but we pushed through it and beat the shit out of them figuratively and literally. Thank you for that Brody and Bobby"

"LETS GOO! Me and Bro Bro are gunna rule the worlddd!" Chamberlain booms from across the room, erupting cheers from all the guys. Brody to exhausted to react as her eyes close shut, a small smile on her face. Her breathing soft and steady.

"Spacing and skills were at a good level, we can do better though. Working on that and conditioning is going to be the focus over the next few weeks. This is a national championship we are in, lets play to win" shouts of agreement follow as Wallace builds the team spirit about the future games.

"That's all I really have to say about the game tonight. Now tomorrow we have an away game, you are all down to play so be here on time for the bus please... that's you Sean", Wallace points at my best mate. The former being late to the bus many times due to 'needing his beauty sleep'. Beauty sleep my ass, the dude was too busy playing with his dog, Ziggy. Ill admit the black lab is very cute. Sean nods his head at Wallaces statement, a guilty look on his face.

"Ok, those who have post-game press interviews have already been informed. So everyone go home and get rest, those of you going interviews with me be quick, I have a wife and hungry kids to get home to".

A chorus of "yes coach" echoes through the room as everyone stands to leave. Bags being left behind to get loaded into the coach tomorrow, jerseys all thrown in the laundry bin for someone to wash before the morning.

I pick Brody up as I make my way out to the car, the girl cuddling into my chest too lazy to walk herself. Sean walks beside me out of Brody's sight, his bottom lip jutted out as he makes a heart with his hands. This guy is going to get a punch to the mouth.

We don't feel that way towards each other, at least she hasn't made it known to me. I myself are unaware of my feeling towards her. Around her I'm happy and feel safe. Whenever shes not near me I feel alone and want her next to me. And obviously there's the wet dream I had about her. I mean she is hot and beautiful and funny. That doesn't mean I like her though, right? Right?! Ahh shit. I think I do.

I disperse from the group as we go to my car on the other side of the parking lot. Me and Brody having spaces next to each other, but taking my car home as we will take them both back tomorrow or another day. Whatever's easiest as Brody is too tired to drive right now.