Chapter 14

Rhemington carries me inside. They try to console me, but I'm on a rampage. "I promise we will get your dog back." Summer says, as she rubs my back.

Mars and Lex come in not long after. "We brought Bruno some treats."

"Hey Mars can you come here for a second." I ask.

He walks over and I punch him square in the jaw. "MY FUCKING DOG GOT STOLEN. BY SOME FUCKING WEIRDO. WELL ACTUALLY MY GRANDPA, AND NOW WE ARE ALL FUCKED BECAUSE MY DAD WILL BE COMING FOR ME, AND ILL PROBABLY DIE, AND THEN YALL WILL HAVE TO BURY ME."

I shut up long enough to look at everyone's wide eyes.

"Quinn I think we need to talk," Rhemington says as Summer rushes the boys out the door.

••••••••• MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING•••••••••

" I had a family once. A mom and a loving dad. They were normal. The most perfect parents. And then one day, my dad he just switched. He started beating my mom. Would black her eyes, she only had 3 teeth by the time he was done with her face one night. Her nose was crooked because he liked to hear the crack of her nose. But my mom stayed in hopes that he would become the man she loved, once again." I laugh "but that's what killed her. Her love for him. He slit her throat so bad it almost decapitated her head. There was so much blood. Her hair was black but the blood made it red and matte like. She couldn't even have a burial. My dad told everyone she ran away with a new man. They never even asked to keep me..."

"Since he didn't have her anymore he turned on me. He would get his friends, and that man: my grandpa, and they would use me. I cried. No one came. I'm used. I'm ugly. I'm worthless. I finally escaped I wanted to go here for college. I liked the fact you named the school mascot the bloodhounds. But now I'll have to flee, because if my grandpa is here...that means my father isn't far behind."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Are you going to hurt me now?"

"I would never touch a hair on your pretty head."

His eyes were switching from normal too black. I know Ak wanted to be loose. But in all honesty I didn't want him out. I needed to see Rhemington's mood. I needed to judge it. I needed to see his eyes, his feelings, his language. I needed to know him better than ever now. Because I needed protected.

"What about your sister?"

"huh." I reply.

"You said something about a little five year sister."

"Oh well actually I lied. I was just being a brat"

"Actually you didn't. She isn't five like you said, she's seven."

Just as I am about to ask questions, Mars and Lex comes into the room. Alpha, some of our boarder control is dead and they left a note...