𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

Start from the beginning

"You too!"

With that i take off in the direction of my favourite racer and mechanic duo.

"Charlie!" I call for his attention.

He spins on his heel so he's now facing me, the one tense look on his face morphes into one of relief once his eyes set on me.

"Thank god" he wraps his arms around me tightly, pressing my face into his chest.

I slightly pull back so I can look up at him.

"I didn't mean to not tell you, I didn't want to worry you" he says, looking genuinely guilty.

Before i could even tell him 'its okay' a car pulls up behind me and Charlie instantly tenses, pulling me behind him so he can take a protective stance.

"I've been waiting for this for a long time King" Connor says, getting out of the drivers side door of his blue Subaru.

"Yeah I thought it was about time i did some charity work and complete someones make a wish request" Charlie says, taking one hand behind him so he can hold onto me, almost as if he's scared that i'll be snatched from him.

"Ouch, is that why you're with that hussy too? Charity work?" He asks, a sly grin on his face.

As if he called me a hussy.

Rude.

But i think Charlie took more offence to it than I did because before i knew it, Charlie was stalking towards Connor, his hands curled into fists.

"Watch your lip Mcclain" Charlie's voice was full of hatred. "You chat a lot of shit for someone who needs three men to back him in a fight"

Ouch.

I know for a fact that hurt his ego.

"Once I'm finished with you, i'll have my men take whats mine for me" Connor winks at me.

He was no longer talking to Charlie, but threatening me. Just thinking about being alone with him or his little boyfriends makes my skin crawl.

Charlie must've noticed my discomfort because he's soon got his hand around my waist, his thumb rubbing the skin on my hip soothingly.

The unofficial referee of the races breaks up the gathering we had going on, making a clearing for the boys to line up their cars.

"You have nothing to worry about" Charlie turns and says to me.

"I know, just don't let him beat you like he did me" i said in a joking manner, although we both knew it was anything but a joke.

I could tell Charlie wasn't impressed.

"Hey, it's my trauma, i'll joke about it if i want to" I say

"Whatever" he smiles and rolls his eyes.

"Be safe" i say, giving his hand a squeeze before he gets into his car.

I feel like I'm sending him off to war

•••

The race made me feel sick to my stomach, I've never felt this kind of anxious when Charlie races and thats purely because I know Connor isn't above running him off the road to ensure he wins.