Chapter 3

Everything seemed like a blur. I hadn't even noticed Dumbledore rounding up all the death eaters. Except for Bellatrix.

And before I knew it, she was running away. Harry sprinted at her, his feet pounding against the stone floor, resembling how he felt. I also followed him, no way I'm letting her go after what she did, so I ran, even though my body was aching and my arm was throbbing. 

All the sadness in me momentarily pooled near my chest into a molten form, rage.

"Harry -  No!" Remus yelled trying to get to us,

"SHE KILLED SIRIUS!" bellowed Harry. "SHE KILLED HIM — I'LL KILL HER!" Harry bellowed. I don't think I've ever seen him look so tormented.

"Hayley come back!" Lupin yelled, I turned to give him a blank stare before running up to catch up with Harry.

Bellatrix was running towards the brain room and tipped a glass full of some gooey liquid onto us, Harry skillfully dodged the splash away from us. We ran past Luna and Ginny looking at us questioningly. 

We wrenched the door open to the circular black room, only for Bellatrix to disappear through a door to the other side. I let out a frustrated cry as though doors started spinning again.

"Where's the exit? Where's the way out?" Harry asked as the room halted, on cue, the doors opened revealing the torch-lit empty corridors. We both dashed towards the lift and shoved ourselves in the lift. Harry punched the button saying - Atrium. It was as though it just registered to him that I was also with him, he opened his mouth to say something, no doubt to say something like- it's dangerous, go away, Are you mad?

"Don't you dare," I gritted before he could start. By then we had reached the Atrium and Spilled out of the lift. Bellatrix was already near the telephone booth but she looked back at the sound of our thundering steps running towards her. She shot a spell which whizzed past us hitting the golden gates behind us.

"Come out, come out, little Harry!" she called in her mock baby voice, which echoed off the polished wooden floors. "And who are you supposed to be?" She directed to me, I had my lips tightly pursed, trying to think of what to do next.

"What did you come after me for, then? I thought you were here to avenge my dear cousin!"

"I am!" shouted Harry, and a score of ghostly Harrys seemed to chorus I am! I am! I am! all around the room.

"Aaaaaah . . . did you love him, little baby Potter?" Bellatrix asked, clearly enjoying this. She was gloating.

Before I could realise, Harry had lifted his wand, "CRUCIO!" He yelled, the jet from his wand hit Bellatrix, knocking her off her feet. I couldn't help but let out an audible gasp. Though Lestrange was up on her feet already, no longer laughing.

"PROTEGO!" I yelled redirecting her counterattack as Harry and I hid behind the Golden statue,

"Never used an Unforgivable Curse before, have you, boy?" she yelled. She had abandoned her baby voice now. 

"You need to mean them, Potter! You need to really want to cause pain — to enjoy it — righteous anger won't hurt me for long — I'll show you how it is done, shall I? I'll give you a lesson — "

"Crucio!" She cursed but it hit the statue, making the Centaur's arm blast away. 

"You cannot win against me Potter!" she yelled, she was coming closer, she could take a clear shot at us.

"I was and am the Dark Lord's most loyal servant. I learned the Dark Arts from him, and I know spells of such power that you, pathetic little boy, can never hope to compete — " She got cut off,