Part 26

"I-I"

"Shin! Where are you going!?" You yelled, grabbing his forearm he pushed you away continuing down the alley. Furrowing your eye brows you ran to him, jumping on his back making him fall. Digging your head into the back of his neck. "Shin! What has gotten into you!? You've changed!" You cried, clinging to him as you both where on the ground in the pouring rain. 

"[y/n] get off of me. I need to go-w-wha?" Realization had struck him, he quickly got up without hurting you as you clung tighter wrapping your legs on his sides, arms tightening around his neck. "Shin, please we can fix this.... I just need to know, what is wrong."

"Emma, she ran away"

Your eyes widened, "w-what?" You let him go walking in front of him cupping his cheeks gently. "Did she leave a note? Is she okay? What happened?" You searched Shinichiro's face, "no...we don't know that's why...why im gonna try to get her back...Try to find her..." His lips quivered, pulling away from your touch. This wasn't like the Shin you knew, sighing you slapped his face full force. "Look at me! We are going to find her, I promise just let's go home. You haven't slept in a week, your working too hard. What's something you always tell me, everyday when I'm overworking or worrying too much?" You where so concerned you gripped his shirt looking at his face his eyes gazed off not daring to make eye contact.

"Don't worry, everything will be okay. You come first, take care of yourself first....it's a wonderful thing you worry for other people but sometimes resting is better."

"And, that taking care of yourself if good. The kind hearts know the most."

Way more to what he says you put it into other words. He locked eyes with you finally, the Guilt in his eyes and regret....his charcoal orbs just saddening.... Making your heart break so much.... "Focus on me, look at me continue to look at me. Let's go home and talk this out tomorrow it's late. I have a feeling Emma is safe, and I'm trusting my gut. I adore that you care so much for your family, your siblings are just amazing and your the perfect elder brother they need. Whatever happens it's not your fault. So look at me, continue to stare in my eyes because you are worth a lot. You are just wonderful. I fall in love all over again everyday that's why I'm marrying you, thats why Im carrying your child.... I love you, your siblings love you, your friends, so many people think nothing is your fault. Your so strong keeping a straight and bright smile, but that what makes you an amazing leader. Yes you have your own burdens, and problems but you also don't have to keep them to yourself. I am  right here with you and always will." 

The boy sniffled, putting his arms around his fiancé quickly. Pulling her into him, hugging her. "[y/n] please, please, promise me you'll never go...I've promised you so now, do you promise me? Just know, your worth." She nodded, hugging him back. She wasn't sure why shin was being so- so she didn't know how to put it in her own words but, all she knew "I promise, I'm not sure what has gotten into you...but just know I, always gonna be right here with you and always will. Like you always say to me and I know you mean it and I mean it back."

[y/n] smiled softly cupping his cheeks, "I- let's go home," he sighed, as you took your hands off of his face and he put his hand in yours.  "Darling, I'm sorry. I know I really do but sometimes I get stuck, I'm stressed, I'm worried, I'm scared. I don't know what the future holds anymore I just want Manjiro, Emma to be okay. And you, grandpa, everyone- I" you covered his mouth quickly "shush, Shin just calm down love. Please I know, I really do I'm worried I'm stressed I'm also scared. Just let's go home, okay? We'll figure this out I promise."