Part 7

December 1998

You started collage... who even gave you that idea well your mother pressured you tO the point you almost gave up.  School was stressing you out first semester exams where getting closer and closer, studying never seemed to end. You felt your mental and emotional strength slipping away. "Im so tired..." you yawned throwing yourself on the single-sized bed. 

Your room mate was also tired she ended up falling asleep at her desk. Your eyelids where weighing down about to squeeze shut. Rotating your strained wrists slowly you sat up. You where stuck reading books about medicine and sicknesses, and writing notes a bunch of notes for 6 hours earlier that day.  So no duh you where tired and could barley feel your shoulders, arms, and hands. 

Your roommate slowly lifted her head "y/n..." she mumbled slowly turning towards you. "Hm?" She sat up and walked to her bed falling down. "Are you hungry?" She asked, "no, I'm alright" you said, but your roommate knows you haven't eaten at all today. "Come one y/n you need to eat something." She said, you shook your head. "Koiyo, I'm fine." She groaned and got up going over to you. "I'm getting you food! End of story." Your roommate was very demanding. But you loved her. 

You sighed in defeat and turned to face the wall. As she left to go grab some takeout. About to fall asleep your phone rings. Grabbing it and flipping it opened you answered "hello." You said, weakly as you yawned once more. "Oh, did I interrupt your sleep?" Shinichiro panicked, "oh no no, I was about to fall asleep but your my exception." He hummed, he was sitting on some crates in the garage of his home. 

"Well, Christmas is coming up and I know you don't want to spend it with your mother? So do you want to come to spend it with me and my family? It's up to you." You smiled to yourself and sat yourself up. "IIl see because exams are right around the corner been studying all day. If I pass them I'll come but, if I don't I won't come." He sighed, "alright, I hope the exams go well. Wait have you been eating? Have you been getting enough sleep?" His sudden change shocked you, "I'm fine, my roommate went to go get me some food and yes I've been getting enough sleep even though schools been kicking my ass." You heard him sigh over the phone. "Good now get some rest I won't take your time away anymore. Goodnight." "Goodnight." And you both hung up and you put your phone down turning to the wall again. 

"Im back." Koiyo exclaimed as she set the food on your desk and her food on hers. You slowly blinked your eyes open. Sitting up you saw her smiling as she sat at her desk ready to eat. You nodded, walking over to your chair sitting down. "Thank you koi," she nodded as she started eating, you looked at the food. Grabbing the chopsticks you started eating. Koiyo got happy she smiled at you. "Yay! Your eating." She cheered. You smiled and continued to eat your dinner. 

"Miss loid, stopped me on the way back to the dorm and she wanted me to tell you your grades in her class are outstanding then anyone else in her other  classes.  Model student indeed!" You deadpanned, "I study hard and I have my whole life." She through away her trash and sat on her bed. "Y/n, your absolutely perfect! Your pretty,nice,excellent grades, a well balanced diet, and a good paying job." you rolled your eyes. "Whatever you say." 

That night when you went to bed the same word echoed through your mind 'perfect' yeah sure you seemed like it on the outside but behind closed doors it wasn't true. You tossed and turned trying to shake that word out of your head. When your tiredness finally took over you into a slumber that word and thought disappeared. 

  Exams where now 2 days away, you had eye bags from being sleep deprived from studying for 3 days straight with no sleep and barley no breaks your hands where numb and your neck seemed stiff.  Your desk was full of sticky notes and paper notes with your text books. You where tired your energy was drained you where living off of coffee and adrenaline at this point. It was almost 2am in the morning now 1 day away from exams. 

Koiyo was dead asleep. You where practically a walking zombie ig shinichiro saw your state he would be really worried.  You yawned and tried  desperately to stay awake. 'I should sleep. No I can't I have to pass.' You thought as you furrowed your eye brows. Your battle between  consciousness and unconsciousness was now at war your unconsciousness was winning sleep trying to take over you but, you kept trying to stay awake it was an all night battle until you gave in and slept at your desk. 

It was now the day of exams you had confidence and nervousness you just finished your first exam and your next one was the hardest you where drained you wanted to relax and sleep.  See shinichiro. 

You managed to pass your exams feeling some weight being lifted off of you. You could rest now, the blood washed off of your body  still newly cut, cuts red and puffy you where so stressed you cut yourself everyday, cleaning your body felt so refreshing be able to relax and focus on other things other than studying.

It is your way of 'releasing stress' but the truth is it doesn't release anything it just helped 'cope' at this point you where so mentally and emotionally drained. Your hands slid your wet hair back. A sob escaped your lips as a smile crept on your face. Your soaked body the smile plastered on your face the tears streaming down your face your hands on the side of your head. Oh what relief  did you feel the warm water the relief of finishing first semester! 

Christmas was 2 days away you where on break now. And since you passed well you where going to shinichiros place, you grabbed your back slung it over your shoulder as you slid on your shoes. The walk to the train station took longer than excepted. When you finally arrived the train had a delay of 2 hours. You sighed in defeat just your luck. You sat on a bench what where you going to do now, it was 6pm you wanted to get their before 9pm.

You didn't want to bother shinichiro yet, but maybe you had no choice you where feeling uncomfortable people where just all around you and staring it made you anxious. 

You ended up calling him he was now on his way to pick you up so you are now meeting up at the local cafe that stays open till 10. Thank god for that so you walked inside orders a boba or coffee and ended sat down now waiting for shinichiro. 

author- hey everyone I posted two chaps today I might post another depends but, I hope you enjoyed them. ❤️