Rozdział 13

Callum and Rayla have reached the desert.

Rayla: We have to cross this desert to get to the dragon queen.

Callum: I don't think it's difficult ?

Rayla: Maybe so, but it will take a lot of time before we defeat her.

Callum looks into the distance.

Callum: Em... Rayla... does it seem to me if someone is flying here ?

Rayla: You're right.

Rayla draws her swords. At that moment a figure lands.

Nyx: Hello wanderers my name is Nyx and as I believe you want to cross the desert, I can make it easier for you.

Rayla: Hello Nyx, my name is Rayla and this is Callum and no thanks we can manage.

Nyx: I doubt it, in the desert during the day there is a hellish heat, and at night there are snakes that suck souls. So don't be offended, but an elf from the shadow of the moon and the flenim of the sky is unlikely to cope.

Rayla: And how do you seem to want to help us ?

Nyx: Oh yeah.

Amber appears on the horizon.

Nyx: On it you will overcome the deserts in one day.

Rayla: And what do you want for the appointment ? Because I don't think you help everyone for free.

Nyx: Nooo.... maybe our a little right.... But not in this case.

Rayla: And why is that ?

Nyx: Well, how come it's my own not to help.

Nyx points at Callum.

Callum: Why are you pointing at me.

Nyx: We connected to Heaven help each other in times of need.

Callum: Then, what do you think about it Rayla ?

Rayla: Fine, but don't even go near the dragon.

Nyx: Fine.

Nyx takes to the air.

Nyx: Then welcome to Amber and let's go.

Nyx: There is our Oasis, it may not be much, but it will protect us from snakes.

Callum: How does it stop them ?

Nyx: Through a magical barrier. Attention we pass.

Amber enters the Oasis and then carefully carries everyone downstairs.

Rayla: It looks cozy.

Suddenly the blankets fall down.

Rayla: It gets quite cold here at night, you will need it quite a bit. I just didn't know if you need two blankets or if just one is enough.

Callum and Rayla blush.

Callym: Two, definitely two.

Nyx: Oj no, unfortunately, but I only have one for you.

They turn around, and there is a blush on their faces. 

In the evening they sit around the campfire. After they have eaten dinner.

Nyx: Understood correctly, you are traveling all over the world to return this oh this dragon to its mother.

Rayal: Yes.

Nyx: I heard what happened to you, and I'm sure that if you give him, his mother, the decision will be reversed.

Rayla stares into the campfire.

Nyx: And you Callum, where are you from, because your name definitely doesn't fit a flenim or an elf.

Callum: It's quite a long story. My father is an elf, but I never met him, and my mother was human.

Nyx suddenly started laughing.

Rayal: What are you laughing at ?

Nyx: And nothing, you just travel the world together like this, having adventures, supporting each other.

Callum: What are you getting at ?

Nyx: And nothing of the sort, it's just that elves and moon flenimu, very often have to do with those connected with the sky. You know what I mean.

Nyx winked at them, Callum and Rayla's face flooded with red, and Rayla lowered her head.

Nyx: Well, it's time for bed.

She gets up from the campfire, lays down on her blanket and covers herself with it.

Callum: What we probably do, too.

Rayla wordlessly gets up and covers herself with her part of the blanket. Callum also gets up and covers himself with his part.

In the middle of the night, Callum hears Rayla crying.

Callum: Rayla did you say something ?

He cautiously touches her on the shoulder.

Callum: Are you all right ? Rayla will be fine.

Rayla: Give me a break.

Rayla hits Callum with a pillow and runs away, Callum runs after her.

Rayla: Please leave me alone. I don't want you to watch me like this.

Callum: It doesn't matter that you are crying. I'm here with you.

Rayla: I'm falling apart.

Callum: It's going to be okay.

Rayla: I lost everything, my parents, the people who cared about me, my home, I don't have my place anymore.

Callum: That's not true Rayla, you're going through a difficult time right now, that's all.

Rayla: It's not true. It's my fault, I let them all down. They have the right to reject me. I'm not good enough and I never will be.

Callum: Shut up.

Rayla: That what ?

Callum: Shut up at last, you're talking nonsense. Listen to me, you are too good to say such things about yourself. I know it and you should know it too.

They both stand up.

Callum: You are really brave and our big heart. I've seen you fall so many times and each time you had the strength to get back up, that's real strength. And you are a hundred times funnier than any human being.

Rayal laughs.

Callum: You see, you know that you are special, you are fast, smart and.... beautiful. You are the most wonderful person I have ever met.

Rayla grabs Callum's clothes and kisses him. After that they both smile at each other.

Nyx: I said they have each other.

They both turn towards the voice and see Nyx smiling.

Rayla: Have you been standing like that for a long time ?

Asks a slightly embarrassed Rayla.

Nyx: Enough to see everything, lovebirds.

Nyx winks at them and Callum throws a powerful aspiro.

Nyx: Okay, okay I got it. I just wanted to let you know that we'll be moving on soon.

Nyx quickly flies off, at which Callum and Rayla laugh. After which they kiss once more.