"Karan!" He called him as soon as he reached him. Karan looked at him. "Yes sir?" "Shruti took my phone mistakenly with her; can I use your phone to call her?" He asked him. "Sure sir. Here..." Ruhaan dialled Shruti's number on Karan's phone.

"Yes, Karan." Her voice comes from another side. "Shruti, it's me, Ruhaan. You have my phone." "Oh sh*t, I completely forgot to give it to you. Where are you? I will send your phone with my driver." "Just send him to my home; I am also going there."

"Ok, ...bye." They end the call. Ruhaan gives back the phone to Karan, saying thank you. "Good evening, sir," Karan wished him as Ruhaan opened the gate of his car. "Good evening," he said as he sat inside the car and drove away towards his home.

*********************

Siya smiles while admiring herself in the mirror. She feels like a newlywed in her red outfit.

 She feels like a newlywed in her red outfit

(Siya's outfit and makeup)

She fills her hair partition with sindoor, feeling a strange type of satisfaction looking at the sindoor-filled head. She is ready for the special evening in Solah Shringar as per the ritual. Suddenly, her phone starts ringing on the dressing table, displaying Sara's name.

"Hello," she said, putting the phone on speaker. She starts wearing her bangle. But no voice comes from another side. "Hello, Sara?...are you there? Hello..." "Siya, I am in danger. Some men are following me. Please, please save me." Siya, who was wearing her bangle, broke her hand, cutting her skin, as she was shocked to hear Sara's crying from the phone. Her voice is filled with fear and panic.

"Sara, where are you? I am calling the police." Siya took the phone in her hand, ignoring her bleeding hand. "I don't...know, Siya. I am hiding in a park a few kilometres away from our neighbourhood park. They are searching for me. Siya, I wanted to tell you something. Ma..she is... Ah!, leave me..." Suddenly, her call got cut.

Siya looked at her phone in fear and again dialled her number. But her phone was switched off. Her heart drops in her stomach in fear and worry for Sara. She then called Ruhaan for help, but he was not picking up his phone. Tears started falling from her eyes as she felt so helpless and scared. Her heart stops beating as negative thoughts start coming into her mind.

She ran outside her room but bumped into someone. She looked up to see Teena Aunty standing there with a smirk on her face.

"Be careful, darling. Oh, let me show you something. See," she said, seeing something on her phone. Siya's eyes widen in shock, and she turns to face him with disbelief and anger in her eyes. "How could you do this to your own daughter?" She asked her in a low voice, looking at the bruised face of Sara and a man holding her hair in a painful grip as her eyes were tightly closed and tears were flowing from her eyes. She was in so much pain and exhausted. Her whole face is covered with bruises, sweat, and tears.