Chapter 31

Author Pov

Siya was silently crying as she looked at her man lying unconscious. The village physician is checking his wound, and the other people waiting outside the house except for that kind old man and two women, who arrived on the call of the old man, are now consoling Siya.

But she only wants Ruhaan Ji to be fit and fine. She is feeling restless for an unknown reason. Suddenly, she started feeling sick in her stomach. Ignoring herself, she pays attention to the doctor, who is wrapping Ruhaan's forehead after applying the medicine. Wiping her tear yet again, she hesitantly asks the doctor, "Is he fine, sir?"

Securing the bandage, he looked at her and said, "There is nothing to worry about, child. He is perfectly fine now. He may have fainted due to tiredness and the hit on his head from an accident. So, I will suggest a CT scan just for assurance and peace of mind. I am giving him an injection of painkillers so that he can sleep without any discomfort. He will gain consciousness till the morning as he needs rest and lots of rest to gain his energy back, right?" He widely smiles at me, giving me a grateful smile.

"Thank you so much, sir. I am very grateful to all of you for helping us." I said, joining my hand and looking at them with tearful eyes. "You are like our children, and it is my job to help you. Now stop crying and call me if there is any problem, ok?" I nodded my head like a child while wiping my cheeks.

He patted my head and said before leaving," Take care, child." I just smiled softly at him. "Thank you, sir. And I'm sorry for troubling you all at this time."

The old man only smiled lightly and said, "As the doctor Sahab said, you are now our children, which means you are our responsibility. For now, this is your house, and we are your family. Make yourself feel at home, and if you need anything, just ask away, ok? And call me Dada Sahib, as everyone called me here, not sir."

At last, he showed me his fake angry face, making me chuckle softly. He also smiled while putting his hand on my head, blessing me and Ruhaan Ji, saying, "God bless both of you." He also left the room before gesturing something to the ladies who were standing beside me.

"Beta, we placed the clothes on the table for you and your husband to change, as well as some fruits. Vese Bohot Pyari Jodi H. Nayi nayi shadi hmm, " The old lady said this while moving her eyes between me and Ruhaan Ji, making me blush. "Ji," I said, shying from their teasing stares, and then they chuckled at my red face.

"Namaste, I am Rupa. My house is just beside this house; you can call me anytime. I am free and ready to help you." The girl of my age said she showed her all 32 teeth, and I smiled at her jolly nature. "Sure!!" I nodded at her.

Suddenly I started feeling weird in my tummy and having a restless feeling in my chest. Tears formed in my eyes as I felt pain in my stomach and could feel the bile rising to my throat. I quickly cover my mouth as a weird sound comes out of my throat.

"Siya beta, come with me," the old lady quickly says, taking her to a small washing area. I run towards the metal sink as I feel something coming out of my mouth.

Bending over the sink, I throw out the undigested food three times after puking. I feel so good and relaxed. Taking water from a big tank there, I gurgle twice as I can taste the puke in my mouth. Washing my mouth and face, I turn around to see Kaki Ji and Rupa standing at a distance, looking at me with worried and excited faces. Kaki Ji carefully took me back into the room and made me sit on the stool.

"Beta, you are fine, right? I mean, why didn't you tell us before about your condition? How can you be this careless about yourself? Now that we are leaving, rest and don't stress. And call any of us if you need anything; I've got it. It is not about you alone; another life depends on you now. Take care, Beta Ji." I don't understand why Kaki Ji looks so worried about me. I mean, I am not the one who is injured. But still, I nodded at her, seeing her so tense.