Chapter 37

Unknown pov

Looking at their happy faces and living their lives, it burns my heart to the core. They didn't deserve this happiness after making me suffer and breaking my heart. I loved him and adored him, but he...

This love, care, and happiness would have belonged to me, only me, if he had accepted me.

What does she have so special that I didn't have? Why...why...

I was beautiful, elegant, educated, and had standards. I was perfect for him and for his family. I have known him since childhood, as we lived in the same locality. I saw him suffering and working hard for his family. Seeing him like that, my respect and love for him increased a million times. We didn't talk with each other, as he was very serious about his career and also very reserved. Well, I was a completely gone case and hopeless teenager in his love and felt shy to even look at him.

I was waiting for the right time to confess my feelings to him. Even though I was really ready to tie the knot with him, I was ready to do anything to make him mine, only mine. I accepted his family as my own, sincerely. I loved and respected them because they were his life.

But now, whenever I look at him or his so-called family, hatred is the only thing I feel. My blood boiled looking at their smiling faces. I wanted to kill him, especially his wife, thousands of times, just like they killed my innocent heart.

I was meant to be his bride, his wife. That mangal sutra, the sindoor that adores her head, and the bangles that she is wearing—all of his names—would belong to me. I would be the one who had right over him—his heart, soul, and body—if she didn't come in between us.

I will make them face hell just like I felt whenever I looked at them with their families and enjoyed their lives. They destroyed my life and my innocence. They destroyed me. I will destroy your lives and snatch the peace and happiness of this family. They will all cry bloody tears; it's my promise.

Just wait, Roy family. Just wait!!

I smirk as I burn the picture of his happy and loving face into ash. My love, they don't deserve any love or happiness. And started laughing with tears flowing from my eyes. Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. I quickly wipe my tears, clear my throat, and shout,

"YES?" "Please come for the dinner; the table is set." It's Siya, making me grit my teeth as I hear her soft and happy voice. I inhale deeply to control my emotion and reply, "Yes, I'm coming. You go," I said in a normal, polite tone. "Ok." I heard her anklet sound fade as she walked away.

"Dear Siya, soon, very soon, I will snatch that beautiful smile of yours," I said, smiling and looking at my multiple reflections in the broken mirror.

********

Author Pov

As per usual, the Roy family's dinner table is filled with delicious food and lots of laughter, chatting, and teasing.

"Siya beta, where are you going?" Papa asked Siya as she was going towards the kitchen after setting all the food on the table.

"The dessert is yet to come, Papa. That too is your favourite, Rasgulla." She said this with a teasing smile as Raghav quickly looked at his wife, who was already glaring at him hard. He gives her innocent and puppy-like eyes, but she just shook her head no.

Then he looked at his bahu, who gave him an assured look, making his eyes twinkle in happiness, but quickly he controlled his smile as he didn't want his Hitler wife to know about the secret plan of his sweet, lovely daughter. But his and Siya's eyes widen in shock upon hearing his wife's words.