Chapter IV

"What?! You can't be serious!!" Eda let go of Raine's hands and stepped back in shock, giving them an upset look, "Do you know how much I've longed to see you? Do you know all the nights I've lied awake hoping I'd see you again?? How many times I've thought of you, dreamt of you?! And now I'm here after almost a year and you're still pushing me away?!...
Fine. I'll leave, if that's what you really want. But next time, you'll have to come to me instead."
And with that, Eda walked away.

Raine stood there, speechless, tears in their eyes..
What have I done... They thought. They put a hand over their mouth, and right as Eda left their sight, they fell to their knees in tears.

• • •

(TRIGGER WARNING: Extreme self harm, please skip this part if you get triggered easily.)

As Eda walked away, it started to rain. The burning hot raindrops touched Eda's skin and dripped down her body, leaving burning red lines across her face and arms.
Eda, being more numb than ever on the inside, didn't care. She would let the boiling rains kill her if she really wanted them to. Eventually Eda could barely feel her skin from all the rain. Again, she didn't care.

When Eda got home, she was covered in burns and feathers. Like last time, Eda yanked the feathers out of her body.. But this time, the feathers were on her neck, wrists, and shoulders. So she had more bleeding out after she yanked all the feathers.
She could feel herself going numb and felt a sensation of relief, of happiness.. She reached over to the nearest sharp object, and slit her wrists open, opening the wounds from last time this happened.
She felt relief, like all her problems had been whisked away.. Because this time, she knew it was for a reason.
Eda then went unconscious, due to how much she was bleeding out.

• • •

The next morning, Eda woke up to a stinging pain everywhere in her body. She couldn't move for a second, but when she could, she sat up and looked at the wounds from yesterday. Instant regret flowed through her body as she looked at the wounds on her neck, shoulders, and wrists. She even saw the scar of a little happy face she carved into her wrist.
"What the fuck did I do to myself.... Why the fuck did I do this to myself..." Eda started to tremble.
Her hands shaking.
"Oh Titan I'm such an IDIOT!!" Eda shoved her face into her hands, lied back onto the couch, and cried.
She had promised Raine she wouldn't hurt herself. She broke a promise...