Chapter I

【Eda's POV】

As I sat there on the hill, a slight breeze passed through my hair. I shivered. Sitting there on the ground, tears in my eyes,
goddamnitthissoundssopoetic

( A.N. That was a joke piece, I'm making this at almost midnight, I need to keep myself awake somehow- Anyways, let's start that over.)

【Eda's POV】

I can't believe it... They just.. Left me... Over Coven rules?!...
I folded my knees to my chest and cried. I still couldn't even process what just happened..
I didn't want to process what happened. I just sat there, hoping this was all a bad dream..

I started walking home a few minutes later, trying to make myself look like nothing happened so I wouldn't get questioned about it..

【Narrator POV】

"Ughhh..." Eda groans as she opens the front door to her house.
She instantly flops down on the couch, tears still in her eyes.
Not to her surprise, feathers were forming around her wrist. Instead of drinking the elixir on the table right next to her, she grips the feathers on her wrist and yanks them out, causing her wrist to start bleeding out.
She looks at the wound she caused on herself with a blank expression, letting the blood from her wrist drip onto her clothes. Instead of taking care of the wound, she sat there blankly, letting the wound bleed out until her hand was numb. Eventually she became numb, and she passed out.

Two hours later, Eda wakes up, nauseous and dizzy...
She tries to sit up, but immediately lies back down, because sitting up made her head throb.
She looks at her wrist, the one she damaged earlier, and it's in a bandage... Weird... She thought, There's no one else here who could have put this on me...
"Eda? Are you okay???"
..
Eda recognized that voice anywhere... She turned her head slowly to the figure standing next to her.
"R-Raine?! But I thought you said---" Eda paused. She didn't wanna remind herself of what had happened... The reason she was in the state she's in right now...
"Listen," Raine said quietly, wrapping their arms around Eda, "I don't have much time here, I have tons of things to do... But... I was coming here to check on you, to apologize.. But you were passed out on the couch, so I called the healing Coven and they fixed you up..."
Eda didn't know what to say... Raine still cared about her... She had hurt herself for no reason..
Eda hugged Raine back and tears rolled down her face slowly.
"Eda, I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to leave you like that, it's just-.." Raine was interrupted with yet another embrace, but this time Eda was sitting up.
"Rainestorm, it's okay! It's okay... I understand completely.."

Raine pulls away from the embrace.
"I.. I have to go..." They said.

Right before they walked out the door, Eda got up and quickly kissed them on the lips.
Raine pushed her away almost immediately.
"I-.. I'm sorry, Eda," Raine says, their voice quietly breaking, "I ca- I have to go.."
And with that, Raine ran out the door, leaving Eda alone again.