Chapter II

【The next day】

After what had happened yesterday, Eda couldn't stop thinking of Raine.
She couldn't stop thinking about how they still cared about her, and that she had hurt herself for nothing.
Eda looked down at her bandaged wrist, and remembered everything from the previous day..
She remembered the way Raine apologized, the way Eda knew they still loved her. That somehow, Eda would show them they were meant to be together.

Suddenly, Eda hears a knock at her door. Who'd be ather house so early in the morning? Unless...
"R-Raine??.." Eda questioned as she opened the door, "But I thought you--"
"I know, I know," Raine interrupted, "But.. I wanted to talk to you.. Just- Quickly.."

"Okay?.." Eda let Raine inside, and the two sat down.
..
"Listen, I just wanted to apologize properly this time." Raine said, disappointed in themself for hurting Eda.
"What do you mean, 'properly??' Your apology yesterday was- Just fine!" Eda responded, giving her ex a puzzled look.
"No.. That wasn't enough. Listen, I still love you, Eda.. I can't stand being without you. Which is why I can't be with you, because I joined a Coven.." Raine looked down at Eda's bandaged wrist and grabbed her hand gently, "Please.. Don't hurt yourself.. This is to keep you safe.."
"So leaving me behind and alone is gonna keep me safe?!" Eda argued, not meaning to raise her voice.
"Eda, I-.. I can't be seen with you, okay?!... Look, Coven rules are really strict.. If a Coven witch is seen with a wild witch... The punishment.. I just don't want either of us to have to face the consequences... Please, Eda. For us.."

Eda looked down at her hand (the one Raine was holding), and then back up at Raine.
"It's okay.. I understand.." She said, a shiver running up her spine and tears slowly forming in her eyes.
Raine smiled sweetly, "Thank you..." They said.
They then moved closer to Eda, and the two shared another kiss, their lips interlocking. Despite everything Eda and Raine had went through relationship-wise, this was comforting for Eda. It felt like someone was whispering in her ear that everything was gonna be okay. A tear or two slowly rolled down Eda's cheek as the two pulled away. Raine wiped Eda's tears away, and kissed her again, softly.
"Don't cry.." Raine whispered, "We'll see each other again soon, I promise."

Just before Raine was about to leave, Eda grabbed them by their sleeve and kissed them again one last time.
"I love you... I love you so much..." Eda started tearing up again.
"I love you too, Eda.." Raine responded, hugging Eda tightly, before walking out the door.

Eda almost instantly fell to her knees and cried.