CHAPTER 2

January, 2002

"Lisa insisted on braids." Marco is panting when he finally makes his way besides Louis Park, as they stand in front of the school where they are bringing their toddlers to.

"They look..." Louis hesitates. Lisa's braids are tiny and really not symmetrical at all. "...fabulous."

"You're a terrible liar, Park." Marco lets out a laugh when he watches how their daughters hug tightly, their tiny arms wrapped around each other as they babble in their own language.

Even at the age of four, the two girls seem to be able to communicate in their own language rather than regular English.

It amuses Louis and he still wonders how they are able to understand each other so well.

"Can you believe they're already going to kindergarten?" The younger guy sighs then, smiling when Lisa tangles her left hand in Roseanne's loose curls at the nape of her neck.

It's a habit that Lisa has grown into over the past four years, something she has done ever since the blonde grew her hair long enough.

And Roseanne's right arm is around Lisa's waist just as tightly.

"Roseanne! Give your father a kiss before you go in." Louis squats down, opening his arms for his daughter.

He smiles proudly when her big brown eyes sparkle, but she never untangles herself from her best friend.

Louis doesn't notice how Marco snaps a picture with his polaroid camera the moment both Roseanne and Lisa step into the blonde man's arms.

He hugs them tightly, making them laugh as they giggle words to each other.

"Remember to use English around other kids, yeah?" Louis nudges his daughter in her chubby cheek, smiling when Lisa blushes when he does the same to her.

"Yes, dad." Little Roseanne rolls her eyes.

She is too clever for her age, Louis knows this. He knows that soon, he is going to lose her, simply because she'll be smarter than he is.

"Good girl. I love you, Roseanne. You too, Lili." He teases the little brunette, who is shorter than his own daughter.

"Okay, Louie." Lisa replies shyly. Ever since Louis started calling her Lili, she has called him Louie and he knows he'll never get rid of that.

"Come here, girls." Marco mirrors Louis when he squats down.

Roseanne and Lisa giggle again when they fall into his large arms. Lisa instantly nuzzles her face into his neck, but her grip on Roseanne's hair never loosens.

The three of them hug for a short while. Lisa then pecks her father's beardy cheek, giggling when she wipes her mouth when his beard tickles her.

"No beard." Roseanne chuckles with her friend, her brown eyes sparkling when she glances between her best friend and Marco. "Marckie, no beard."

"Yes, beard." Marco crosses his arms sternly. "I like my beard."

"No!" Lisa pulls on his beard teasingly, making the man cringe in pain but he doesn't want to show it.

Louis laughs behind his hand as he watches the two girls giggle over Marco.

"Now, get inside or I will bring you!" the blonde man threatens, making both hazel and brown eyes widen.

They want to go in without their dads. They are almost grown-ups, after all.

They can go in alone.

Before the two fathers can say more, the tiny girls make their way towards the entrance, still entangled to each other.