If You Catch Me

Got this idea from a TikTok so yeaaa
:P
Enjoy this wholesomeness for there shalln't be much left for my other stories
ALSO I'M BACK WITH A NEW HAIRDO YALL WHOHOOOOOOOOO!

The night breeze was shifting, a storm, most likely. Yet, the young boy named Sinbad had no fear for it. Storms meant new challenges, and he faced challenges head on. He and his crew, they were all survivors of challenges. He had no fear for what was to come, a naive thought he had, for some storms he cannot face.

Like the one he fell in love with.

"Sin." A voice called me out of sleep. I opened my eyes to see those emerald eyes shining down on me, the ones that made my frozen heart melt. I sat up, rubbing my temples and looking out to the world around us. Jafar placed his hand on my arm, soothingly. "Can you stand?" He asks, and I nod, stumbling to get up. My legs are wobbly, but otherwise stable. A fiery blaze met my eyes, sounds of crying and terror ripping through my ears. My home, my Sindria, my people, they were suffering.

"Lord Sinbad!" A voice called behind me, and I turned around to see Drakon, no longer scales, and more... human. "Are you alright?" He demands, looking over my body for injuries.

"I-I'm fine." I say, my voice coming out croaked and uncertain. I feel fine- my heard hurts slightly, and I'm a little dizzy, but otherwise I'm ok. So, I push my friend off. "There's no need to worry. Our first priority is finding survivors and- ah!" As the adrenaline wore off, I felt a sharp pain come through my side, and I clenched it. That part of my body was wet and warm, not a good sign. Drakon gives me a look that I can't deny, and I slowly let him examine.

"I cannot treat this here. It's going to get infected." He mumbles. I feel dizzy again, grabbing his shoulder. "Sinbad?" He questions, looking me over again. I can't remember, I realize. I can't remember what happened before I went unconscious. Why my kingdom was up in flames, I didn't know. I couldn't remember. "You hit something sharp, and it cut deep..." Drakon says, trying to keep my focus. "We must get you to lady Yamuriaha. Please, follow me." I turn to look at Jafar, nodding and gesturing him to come along. Even if I can't remember, I know where to put my priorities.

...

I got my wound examined by Yamuriaha, who tried to best to clean it and wrap it, but with all of the dust going around, it most likely got infected. I could already feel myself becoming sick, coughing and wanting nothing more than to rest. Everyone was there, watching, as I wince and cough.

"Anyone have something to drink?" I ask, and Yamuriaha gave me a cup of water, to which, with a sigh, I take it. I could feel their eyes, their questions, but more importantly I could sense their sadness- for what, exactly, I had no clue.

"Lord Sinbad, are you sure-" Sharrkan asks as I stand up from the table, staring outside the window at the flames that spill over my country. I raise my hand and he shuts his mouth. Slowly, limping slightly, I come to the window, putting my hands on the seel, looking at them. Yamuriaha ushers everyone out of the room, then exits herself. The only one left is Jafar.

"You're gone, aren't you?" I whisper, knowing he heard me even if I asked a mile away. I feel his hand come over my shoulder, warmth flooding into my being. Just him being here, makes me feel at home; back on the sea, back when I was a child. I shudder when the warmth fades.

"I'm sorry." He says, almost void of emotion. I nod, my eyes becoming blurry with tears. But no, I'm better than that. I'm better than crying in front of my best friend. "But you are safe." I chuckle at his words, shaking my head.

"Always thinking of others before yourself, huh?" I mumble, and he nods, his hand clutching over mine, and once again I'm brought back to when I was free of responsibility and was able to be myself. "Did you ever think how I felt?" I ask, and Jafar puts his head on my shoulder.

"All the time." He answers, and I shake my head once more.

"Not how I felt about being king... how I felt about you." I turn to face him, seeing his emerald eyes show nothing. His face was emotionless, as if he truly were a ghost. And maybe he was, but I know he's not.

"You loved me." He responds, eyes cold and grey now. The tears that danced in my vision finally dropped, and I wrapped my arms around him, warmth flooding into me.

"I wish I could have told you... just how much I did."

...

I sat at the table we all shared at to eat dinner, my sword sitting beside me. Rurumu's cooking was always fabulous, so my mouth was watering with excitement. Hinahoho sat across from me, a seat saved for his wife while Vittel and Mahad sat at the opposite sides of the table. Jafar was supposed to be sitting next to me, but for some reason he was nowhere to be found. It was only then that I heard a sound of my sound sliding off the seat that I turned and saw Jafar. He smirked at me, and darted out of the room. I smirked, grabbing my drink and gulping it down, making sure to wipe my face before charging after him.

"Just wait until I catch you, you little shit!" I yell as he turns a corner.

"You mean, if you catch me! See you later, looser!" He yells back right as I get smacked upside the head by Rurumu.

"No running on the ship! It's dangerous!" She scolds, and I huff, rubbing my head. He was such a little shit.

But I never did catch him.

I guess I just... lost my chance.

You could see this as a sibling-love kinda thing (not incest but brotherly-love) or as Sinja love. Either way, sweet :)