In the past, she had never once taken a good look at this good "grandson" of hers. Now Shen Liang has repeatedly exceeded her expectations of him. She imagines that those five years in the countryside must have accumulated much resentment within Shen Liang. There wasn't anything bad with that. He would be able to stir the main house up a bit and she can also gain a sense of peace from that. 

"Mother-in-law, Xiao Wu just came home. I'm afraid there was no master to educate him well at the countryside. For him to attend Tianmen Academy so soon, I'm afraid he won't be able to keep up. In addition, he still has injuries on his body. Why don't we let him rest at home some more? Meanwhile, we can hire a master to tutor him before letting him attend next year?

Shen Liang hadn't even yet expressed his opinions when Liu Shuhan already refused for him. With the way Shen Liang is now, skinny as a bamboo pole that threatened to fall over when the slightest breeze hit it, if she were to allow him to go out and meet others, wouldn't she be confirming the rumors that she really does abuse the heir of the Marquis Manor? She had to at least let him gain some weight first.

"Mother is too considerate. Although I indeed haven't been able to learn much at the countryside, Dad did leave me a trunk of literature. I had already finished them, and I can cope with the courseload at Tianmen Academy. As for my injuries, it looks worse than it actually is."

With the turn of his head, Shen Liang smiled. Brilliance reflected in his piercing gaze. To use him to whitewash herself? Dream on.

"How can what is self-taught compare to what professional masters would teach? Mother is only thinking for fifth brother. It can't be that fifth brother still resent mother and is deliberately attempting to use such a method as to smear mother's reputation?"

Shen Qiang's hatred for him had long since reached an extreme. A delicate smile was plastered on her face, but her words lacked even the slightest courtesy. Even a fool could smell the gunpowder in her words and those from the second and third family were happy to watch with amusement. 

"Students taught at Tianmen Academy are separated into groups based on their level. I have nothing to say about seventh sister assumption but is seventh sister not afraid of the repercussions of my staying in the manor all day long? Those outside may suspect I'm being imprisoned. Now that eldest brother's reputation is well-known in the City, there should also be many who are intrigued about me as the heir of the Marquis Manor, right?"

His words not only satirized Shen Qiang's scheming remarks but also brought out Shen Da to threaten and intimidate them. Liu Shuhan and Shen qiang found it difficult to maintain their smile and Shen Qiang's beautiful little face became even more vicious. 

"Xiao Wu's considerations are reasonable. You shall report to the Academy the day after tomorrow. Ah yes, you're now fifteen. The time has come for you to marry. If you find anyone you favor, let grandmother know and grandmother will help you look into the matter."

The old madame's words had the intentions to side with Shen Liang, but also remind him of his place. Once bitten by a snake, the fear remains even after ten years. Liu Shuhan served as a constant reminder for the old madame every day.

But wanting to suppress him with marriage?

Ha! Even if he was going to marry, it would be her who looked into the matter for him. Who knows if she wouldn't end up looking into her own grandsons and granddaughters for him?

But she did remind Shen Liang that the matter with marriage had always been in compliance with parents' wills. His marriage was not under his control. He needed to think of a plan. Otherwise, he'd be reduced to a passive position.