Chapter 1

3 years ago:

Ash, 15, is returning home from Galar after losing to Leon in a 6-3 matchup.

Ash is now walking with Pikachu through route 1.

"Man, that match with Leon did not go as well as I planned, but I guess that's the World Monarch for you." Ash sighed. Based off statistics alone, the match should have been as close as a 6-5.

"Pika!"

"Your right buddy! Even though we lost this time, we've still the second best trainer in the world! We'll just have to work harder for the next one!" Ash yells, pumping his fists in the air.

As the conversation continued, Ash soon sees Pallet Town in the distance.

"Hey buddy, I can see Pallet Town. Last one there is a rotten Exeggcute!" Ash yells, before taking off with Pikachu hot on his tail.

Just as Ash was about to reach his house, Pikachu uses quick attack to overtake Ash, winning the race.

"No...fair...buddy." Ash complains between pants.

"Chupika."

"Alright, alright, you win. Now let's go say hi to mom."

Ash walks until he's directly in front of the door while pikachu jumps on his shoulder.

"Mom, I'm home!" He yells, swinging the door open. However, the scene in front of him shocked him.

In his living room stood him mom Delia and most of his travelling companions, new and old. Misty, Brock, Gary, Dawn, Barry, Trip, May, Drew, Clemont, Serena, Kiawe, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles, Lillie, Gladion, Goh and Chloe.

"Honey, welcome back!" Delia exclaims, pulling Ash into one of her signature bone-crushing hugs. Pikachu instinctively hoped off Ash's shoulder prio to the hug.

"Mom... can't b-breathe... need... air." Ash manages to stutter out. Everyone just sweatdropped as Delia finally released her son, who was slowly turning blue due to the lack of air.

"Phew! Anyways, it's great to see all of you again guys! How's everyone doing?" Ash excitedly asked, a huge smile forming on his face.

"Well Ash, some of us have discussed it and we..." Brock nervously started.

"Oh quit beating around Brock, Ash, we think you should give up on your dream!" Misty angrily shouted.

Ash's smile completely disappeared, "Can... can you...r...repeat that?" Ash choked.

"You heard her Ash, you've been travelling for 6 years, and only after 5 did you manage to win the Alolan League, which no offence, isn't that big of a League since it's new." Dawn spoke while Barry nodded furiously.

"And besides, you always seems to attract trouble wherever you go. Every region you go, there's alway an evil team hot on your tail." May added.

"Even after 3 years, you're still such a kid."

"A disdainful taste of outdated food."

Ash, Delia and the rest of the friends who supported Ash stood there shocked, until a honey blonde and platinum blonde spoke up.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT ASH!" Serena and Lillie roared, the fire in their eyes even able to overpower that of Wela Volcano.

"How many times has Ash saved you from all those team?"

"If he didn't come with us, we wouldn't need to be saved to begin with." Drew retorted.

(A/n: if your wondering what the two sides are. Traitors: Kanto(except Gary), Sinnoh, Hoenn and Unova team.
Friends: Gary, Kalos, Alola, Goh and Chloe.
I am not showing favouritism)