035 :: SNOWFLAKES

Start from the beginning

So, when she responded, he didn't expect what she would say.

"Eh." She shrugged, "Not as exciting as I thought it would be."

"What?! Seriously?" He gapped, "Months and months of waiting, and that's your response?"

"I mean, it's pretty. It's beautiful. But it's nothing like Quantico snow." She sighed softly, "Doesn't make me feel like Quantico snow used to make me feel."

"I get that." Grayson nodded in understanding, "You haven't been back there in a while."

"Yeah." She swallowed, "Hopefully we can come back for Christmas, though. Have you seen if you can travel back to Quantico in December?"

"I still don't know yet. I'm hoping so, though." He told her. They had been making plans to meet up in December, but the man's schedule had been immensely packed.

Jennie sighed softly once again, the two going silent. Jennie slightly flinched at the sound of her front door opening, and slamming abruptly. She peaked her head out her bedroom doorframe to see her apartment roommate storm into the house, making her way to the living room.

Jennie's eyebrows furrowed, and it wasn't until Grayson spoke up again when she put her focus back on the screen.

"I should probably go now. I still have to study."

"Oh, shit. Right—" Jennie began, "Your exams. Sorry, I didn't mean to keep you from studying."

"It was a team effort. We both know I'd much rather call you than bury my nose in a textbook." Grayson replied, causing Jennie to give him a familiar look, "Too corny?"

"A little. But it was cute." She grinned at him, before pulling her computer closer to her, ultimately making her closer to the screen, "Text me after you finish. There's a football game later tonight, so I'll be up late anyway."

"Another game?" Grayson questioned, "Are you actually going to pay attention to it this time?"

"I always pay attention!" Jennie defended herself.

"Last time you went, you accidentally rooted for the wrong team."

"Okay, and I've changed. This is new-and-improved Jennie you're talking to." She continued, sitting up straighter, "New Jennie has school spirit. 'Go Bulldogs!'"

"The lions." He corrected her.

"Thats what I meant." Jennie sighed in frustration, successfully amusing Grayson "Whatever, go study!"

"Fine," He chuckled, "I'll talk to you later. Love you."

She smiled softly.

"Love you too."

Jennie sighed after the call ended, closing the laptop in front of her. She took a quick glance at her window once more, seeing the snow continuing to fall. It wasn't long after that when her focus was interrupted, hearing a thud in her living room.

She pinched her eyebrows together, making her way into the room, to see her roomate on the couch.

"Hey, Rach? You okay in here?"