027 :: LOVE.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN...!

!

❝ LOVE , SEASON SEVEN ❞

❝ LOVE , SEASON
SEVEN ❞

WHEN she was little, Jennie Hotchner remembered memorizing every single essay she had ever written.

It wasn't that she exactly needed to— but it served her a great comfort. Sometimes, when nights got rough, and bad dreams kicked in, she'd recite the words in her head. It calmed her; slowed her heavy breathing, until she could finally fall asleep again. It became a form of salvation.

Writing came somewhat easy to her. That is, except one bittersweet topic that Jennie failed miserably to write about.

Love.

She was convinced it was almost impossible to portray correctly when writing.

However, as she stood in front of Grayson, as water dripped from him (due to the vigorous rain that poured outside the apartment complex), she suddenly had a desire to pick up her mechanical pencil, and write a novel on the topic.

"Grayson?"

Her voice echoed through the empty hallway, as she closed her apartment door behind her. Millions of questions overflowed her mind, staring at the man with utter confusion and concern.

"What— what are you doing here?"

He paused for a second. He seemed hesitant to speak, but still managed to keep his eye contact with the girl in front of him.

"You asked me when I snapped."

This man seriously needs to learn about providing context before speaking — is what Jennie wanted to say, his words confusing her. However, seeing his anxious state, his voice slightly shaken, the girl decided against it.

Instead, she furrowed her eyebrows.

". . .What?"

"The day we reunited, at the coffee shop—" He further explained, swallowing harshly due to his anxious state, "You asked me when I snapped, and I told you I hadn't yet. Remember?"