016 :: WHAT ABOUT A MIRACLE?

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER SIXTEEN...!

!

❝ SEASON TWO ❞

❝ SEASON TWO ❞

       PREVIOUSLY on Criminal Minds.

As Jennie got off the bus, she made her way to the hospital. However, as she was walking, she could feel a cold presence from behind her. She quickly turned, only to see no one was there.

Her face scrunched with confusion, before turning back to continue walking. When she felt the cold presence again, she turned even quicker, still seeing no one. She huffed, scanning the area more, before deciding to just forget about it, and turn back around. Except this time when she turned around, she met the eyes of a stranger, who's lower face was covered with a mask .

Jumping, she placed her hand over her heart, letting out a huge breath "S-Sorry. I didn't even see you."

They didn't speak, all they did was use their shaking hand to pass Jennie Hotchner a note. The stranger then brought their index finger to their mouth, muttering the sound sh, before walking off.

She didn't hesitate to open it, her eyebrows furrowing as she read what was on the paper.

"I am in love, and the river is beginning to ice over. I'd better go drown myself before I freeze to death."

"Dark Jae Tin Zoo?" Jennie muttered under breath, recalling the quote from one of their books.

As Jennie turned, JJ called out, "Hey, JenJen. Is that a new backpack?"

Jennie turned to face the blonde, "Oh, yeah! I found it at a thrift store."

"It's cute." JJ gave her a smile.

Jennie turned to her stepmom, giving her a look, "See? People think it's cute!"

As she left the shop, her eyes wondered to the sight of the river in front of her. It had ice spread all around it. The sight had caught such interest in Jennie's eyes.