022 :: SPAGHETTI.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE...!

!

❝ SPAGHETTI , SEASON SEVEN ❞

SEVEN ❞

          JENNIE thought she would've felt better by now.

I mean— don't get me wrong. Jennie was thrilled Emily didn't actually die that night. It was something she wished was true from the very night at the hospital. The thought of actually talking to her, and not her grave, was something that gave her an immense amount of joy.

But for some reason— she still felt somewhat the same.

She still felt the need to grieve.

Emily and JJ walked near the elevators, meeting the face of Spencer Reid.

"Hey," The blonde smiled at the man, "Where have you been? I wanted to do brunch this weekend."

"I had to deal with some stuff with my mom. Have you seen Garcia?"

"Uh, she's with Rossi—" JJ tried to inform him, but he had walked away before she could finish. She sighed, "He hates me."

"Maybe he was just busy." Emily suggested, trying to make the woman feel better. There was a short pause, before she spoke again, "I mean— if it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure she's not too fond of me right now either."

Emily nodded over to Jennie, who was talking to Derek by his desk.

"JenJen?" JJ furrowed her eyebrows, "C'mon, Emily. You seriously think Jennie, the girl who knitted five sweaters for Sergio, hates you? Y-You're like a mother figure to her, she idolizes you."

"I don't know." Emily sighed, her eyes remaining on Jennie through the glass door, "I just feel like she's been so distant. I mean— she hasn't been at the office in a while, and when she is, she's usually just in her dad's office."