V2 Chap 6 : Broken

Start from the beginning

The red dot on Kiyotaka's GPS had already disappeared when he checked his phone again. At this rate, his notion that a staff member was involved in this was practically confirmed. The culprit wanted this meeting to be as covert as possible since they had completely covered their traces. Although it is unknown if they are the same person, it shouldn't be ruled out that there could be more than one person responsible.

Kiyotaka inaudibly sighed before stuffing his phone back into his pocket and slightly releasing the tie around his neck. His eyes reopened to the world around him, which was devoid of any form of life, except for his - and the door in front of him.

Knock Knock

He gently knocked on the door twice, releasing two soft knocks before retracting his hand. There was a momentary pause where he stood silently peering at the door in anticipation of a result. It was a pretty motionless moment where the time was mistakenly presumed to have stopped. But ultimately, Kiyotaka received his response..

Clark

The door released a loud crack, indicating its lock had been switched off, before it creaked open. Kiyotaka moved his eyes from the peephole towards the side of the door, where he was greeted by an expectantly familiar gaze, peering down at him as they hid most of their face cautiously behind the frame of the door.

"Did you bring anyone with you ?"

"No, I came alone, just as you've requested."

The perpetrator eyed Kiyotaka once more before stepping back and allowing him to enter. Kiyotaka mindlessly stepped in, not even bothering to give them a look as his eyes latched at his surroundings. The person closed the door shortly after before turning to face Kiyotaka.

"Please take a seat." As the perpetrator started moving, Kiyotaka's eyes landed on two seats staring down at each other with a fair distance between them, likely the intended seats. He proceeded towards them and obediently sat down. The perpetrator promptly followed up and took their seat ahead, while combing their facial hair away. "Took you long enough to get here."

The person started off the meeting with a sharp remark, as they briefly glanced towards the office's watch, as if indicating their words. Kiyotaka, finally satiated with his surroundings, finally fixed his eyes on the said person as they crossed both of their arms and legs altogether.

"You think I'm at fault? I had some things to clear up because I was about to attend a dubious meeting at a dubious location like this, one that had been arranged by a dubious individual as well." Kiyotaka mouthed off, which resulted in a profound staredown between the two.

"You're awfully mouthy today." the person remarked, donning a stern expression.

"Oh, I'm simply just wondering why the homeroom teacher of Class D, Chabashira Sae-sensei, chose to summon me in such a crafty and sneaky manner." At the mention of her name, Chabashira Sae, the homeroom teacher of Class D, released a confident smirk at Kiyotaka, whose face was as apathetic as ever.

"Don't be like that, Ayanokouji-kun. I don't mean any harm by calling you this way." Chabashira smiled. "In fact, you can think of me as your ally."

"My ally ?" Kiyotaka parroted confusingly.

"Yes, I am your ally. I didn't summon you here with any malice or intent to cause you harm. I was just looking to speak with you." Chabashira continued to smile as she spoke in a tone that was far more friendly than the one she used when teaching. She relaxed in her seat, her legs pulling towards the bureau as she reembraced herself, finding some solace, as her form grew noticeably larger. She was indeed a very beautiful woman. However, Kiyotaka didn't think so.