"Hell no. Somebody better start explaining because I'm this close to spazzing." He said holding his hand up. "We are twins," Ahsha said throwing Isaac off which calmed him down.

"Yes, we are, so?" He asked. "Which means we share a lot of things. When it comes to mates, they can either share a mate like Ares and Malik. Which is very rare. Or they can have 2 mates like me. Which is still rare but more common than the first." Ahsha said only telling half the truth.

"There is one more thing it could be though. It's not super talked about and there's very little information on the subject." Adrian said. "What is it?" Isaac asked. Ahsha's body tensed in anticipation. "A true mate," Adrian said. Ahsha glanced over at Ares to see him sit up at the mention of true mates. "What is a true mate?" Isaac asked.

Ahsha

"Well, I'm not really sure. Seeing as I'm human and I don't have a mate." Adrian said scratching his head. "It's a very unique situation that only happens between a human and a supernatural—,"

"Or someone with multiple mates," Malik added interrupting Ares. I felt my body tense up further as their eyes traveled over to me. Fuck.

"Doesn't that just mean the human has a favorite mate? Which is pretty fucked up to think about." Jacob said shaking his head.

I cleared my throat. "This isn't a true mate situation," I said. "How do you know?" Isa questioned. "Because I do. This is a 'you have 2 mates and one of them ran off the other' situation." I said redirecting Isa to what Veronica did.

"Right—what did you do?" He asked her as his eyes began to glow. Veronica's eyes went wide. "I—I told her to leave. That there was no way she could be your mate when you were mine. I screamed at her to leave and that if she came back, I would kill her before I let her take you from me." She said.

"That could explain why you're so moody," I mumbled causing Isa to look at me. "What?" he asked. "When I died both Ares and Malik received my mark. I thought you had to actually complete the mating process for that to happen but is possible that the same thing happened with your mystery second mate without having had to. And you've been picking up her emotions on top of Veronica's." I theorized.

"It does take a minute to differentiate between your emotions and your mates because our feelings can be so tangled together," I added.

"Try to concentrate and maybe you can feel her," Harrison suggested. Isa nodded his head agreeing. He took a moment and closed his eyes taking a deep breath before the room went silent. Minutes ticked by before his eyes opened, and he search the crowd. "She's here." He said. "Baby—," Veronica said.

"Please come forward. I promise you won't be hurt." Isa called. You could already tell there was a significant pull between him and his second mate. It seemed different from how it was with Veronica. Which I assume is why she tried to run her off.

I was taken from my thoughts when a woman stood up. She kept her head down with a hat covering her face. "Look at me," Isa asked. She pulled her hat off slowly raising her head to reveal her face. Cairo was right she was beautiful. "And she's black, too," I said. I tensed as everyone looked at me.

"I did not mean to say that out loud, my bad." I quickly said. I looked over seeing Ares laugh quietly as Malik shook his head smiling. "Come, please," Isa said motioning her forward.

"What's your name?" He asked. She glanced at Veronica before looking at Isa. "Camryn." She finally said before turning to me. She bowed her head before looking at me as her eyes began to glow gold.

"Thank you for helping me, your highness." She said. I was surprised. Isa turned to me with a questioning look.

"All I was told is that one of our own was threatened and may need some protection, so I sent some guards to look after them. I didn't know it was your mate, promise." I explained holding my hands up.