Chapter 30

~~~

~~~

We got up, we packed and left for Miami as fast as we could. We arrived at the place we would be staying late in the afternoon and the first thing I wanted to do was to unpack.

The room is like any other small vacation rental. Pretty much a wide space, with a bed in the middle, a small kitchen by one side and the closet by the other. There is also a balcony with a pretty amazing view of the beach opposite to the bed.

So when Aaron left our luggages down, I began by placing my gun and FBI badge inside the small safe that is in the closet.

"Seriously? What happened to no work here?" he comments

"Hm... I said that?" I ask as I walk to him

"I'm pretty sure you did" he answers as he wraps his arms around my waist. I smile and I wrap my hands around his waist as well, and I take his gun out of its holster.

"We both showed our FBI badges to airport security, so I knew you were carrying yours too" I kiss him and I put his gun in the safe with mine.

"How about you let me unpack and you go lay down for a moment?" he suggests

"I was just sitting in an airplane and then in a car. I'm fine. Besides, I'm really hungry" I answer

"We could go out for food when you're done since we lost the sun"

"Yes! Any ideas?" I ask

"No, you can pick" he replies

"But I'm always the one picking"

"Ok, then we'll go for a walk, see what restaurant we like and we'll decide on the spot"

"Hm... This vacation is becoming more and more spontaneous"

"It goes against your nature, doesn't it? You want everything planned, checked 100 times... If this vacation was planned, not only you'd know which restaurant to go to but you'd have a whole schedule for every day, you'd have put down the time we'd need from one place to another, checked every price, and double checked each location on Google maps just to make sure. How did I do?" he asks

"You forgot the part where I'd made sure I had an outfit for each activity" I answer and he chuckles.

"Let go of your mind for a few days. I'll take care of whatever comes up. Ok?"

"Ok" I answer and he kisses me.

After that he helped me unpack, we both changed into more casual clothes and we headed out. We ended up going for Asian and most specifically Gyoza.

By the end, I was so full. I think I ate more than Aaron did but I lost count. He kept ordering and to be honest, we were having such a good time that counting was the last thing in my mind.

When we finished, we decided to take one more walk before returning to our place. And I was craving dessert.

"Do you want ice cream?" I ask Aaron

"Do you want ice cream?" he asks

"I do, thanks for asking" I answer and he laughs

"Sure, we can get ice cream" he replies and kisses my cheek.

We literally go to the first place we come across, which has a great variety of flavors and toppings. There are a couple other customers inside when we walk in, so I take the time to decide.

"Treat your inner child" Aaron whispers in my ear

"That's exactly what I'm doing" I reply and he smiles.

"What can I get you two?" the dark haired lady behind the counter asks

Aaron signs for me to go first
"I want a scoop of Bueno" I say

"No, give her two" Aaron adds and the lady nods. I smile and I elbow him in the stomach gently.

"Drizzle? Toppings?" the lady asks

"For drizzle I'm gonna go with white chocolate, and crushed biscuits for topping" I answer.

When she's done, she passes it to the girl behind the register. She is far younger than the lady, about 20's, bleach blonde hair and perfectly tanned.

She rings up my cup, while Aaron takes his. I saw her stealing a few glimpses at him but I didn't give it much thought.

"Wow, you made quite the calorie bomb. Are you sure you should be having that?" she whispers to me.

And just like that, my good mood died. In a matter of seconds, everything came down.

I pretend like I didn't hear her and we continue. We pay and walk out.
"What happened?" Aaron asks me less than a minute after we left that place. I just shake my head and I continue to stab my ice cream instead of eating.

Aaron takes my arm and pulls me to sit down with him on the nearest bench.
"Tell me" he says as he rubs my knee

"Nothing. It's just me being overly sensitive some times" I try to chuckle but it doesn't come out.
"I have put on weight since we first started dating, that's no secret..."

"Is that what this is about? Did she comment on your body?" he asks and I nod.

"Normally, it wouldn't even bother me, but I was having so much fun today until now so when she said what she said, everything came down. Just like that. Like, what was the reason?" I ask.

"She gave me her number..." he admits

"I saw it, on the receipt and you threw it to the first bin you found" I reply, almost blushing.

He puts his hand on my cheek and lifts my head to look at him.
"I'm telling you this because I want you to believe me when I saw that I don't have eyes for anyone else. You are perfect and I don't care what ice cream girl in there or anybody says. You know what they say; you gain weight when you're happy" he says and kisses me.

"Yeah... I think that she thought you were my sugar daddy" I say to lighten the mood and he laughs

"Are you calling me old?" he asks pretending to be offended

"No! I just saw how she looked at your watch and how her eyes fell on the bills you had in your wallet" I answer and he shakes his head smiling.

"That's why I prefer cards. Now eat before the ice cream melts"

"Yes sir" I reply and he shakes his head again.

"Back to the card comment..." I speak as I eat "...I told you we'll have to stick with cash for a few days" I remind him

"Strauss will not track our cards and figure out we're in Miami" he retracts his argument from this morning

"You don't know that. You don't know her like I do. She absolutely hates me. I even considered leaving my phone behind"

"Ok, ok. Enough with the none sense" he says and kisses me in order to stop.
"If anyone makes you feel bad about your body again, I will get that gun out of the safe and shoot them"

"And if another bitch gives you her number, I will take my gun and shoot her" I reply and I grab his face

"I'm all yours, love" he replies and kisses me again.
"How about we go back and I show you how much I love and cherish this body of yours?" he whispers against my lips
"Because the gun wasn't the only work-related thing I brought with me" he adds as he rubs my wrists.

Cuffs!

"Yeah, let's go" I reply and I almost drag him out of that bench.