Chapter 8 - Fight

Finally, the two arguing teenagers finally noticed the disappearance of their peers. The door was swinging softly, announcing they had just recently made their exit.

"What's going on?" Alya demanded.

"Your questions are getting very repetitive," Chloe said instead of answering. "Now I'm going to find Marinette. Don't follow me." She spun on her heel to leave but Alya grabbed her shoulder.

"And why shouldn't I?" she growled, crossing her arms in indignation. "Lila's my friend and she's gone too."

"Marinette's more important than Lila," Chloe retorted shamelessly, rolling her eyes. She didn't feel the slightest bit guilty of her words because they were true. Marinette was much more important than Lila. Lila was an entitled brat who spat out lies more than carbon dioxide. Marinette, on the other hand, was honest and kind and put others before herself. She didn't deserve any of this.

Alya gasped in shock. "I can't believe you'd say that!" she exclaimed, her hand itching to slap Alya across the face. "Marinette must not be that great a person if she hangs out with you!"

Chloe was the first to do it. As her hand collided with Alya's cheek, there was a loud smack that ricocheted throughout the room, like a clap of thunder. Chloe decided she should slap people more often. Today, although completely hectic, had been fun when she was playing hero and battering everyone away from Marinette.

But Alya hit her right back, deciding there was no reason to restrain herself anymore. Chloe, realizing she still had the flyswatter, decided to retaliate with that instead of her bare hand. She whacked Alya on both cheeks, which turned red almost immediately.

The fight only escalated from there. Everyone gathered around, some shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!" others, like Rose and Mylene, covering their eyes and begging Alya to stop. Nino attempted to tug her away, but she shrugged him off.

Alya socked her in the face and Chloe just knew it would leave a bruise. Imagining that, she only became more furious. She leapt at Alya and knocked her to the ground, battering her face with flying fists. Alya did her best to protect herself.

Back in room 369, things were much more peaceful. Marinette sat on the bed, surrounded by her lusters who were all snuggling up to her. This was the weirdest day of her life, by far. Perhaps even more strange than when she'd first received her miraculous.

"So... what exactly does it feel like when I'm not around?" Marinette asked hesitantly.

Lila laughed ruefully, but at least it was a more bearable sound than her fake laugh, which Marinette heard more often.

"It's like a smoker being denied a cigarette times ten," she said. "It's awful."

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult," Marinette admitted, but Lila didn't respond, too preoccupied kissing Marinette's neck.

"Both," Kagami chimed in instead. "We're not in love with you, but we can't stand to be away from you."

"Actually," Luka interjected, "She doesn't speak for me. I know you're still... distracted with someone else, but I'm in love with you. If you're ever ready to move on, you know where to find me."

Marinette's face went red. "That's so cringey," Felix muttered under his breath, then continued biting Marinette's ear.

"So, who are you in love with, Marinette?" Adrien asked, being the only one in the room who didn't know. He played with Marinette's hand, placing gentle kisses on her fingers. Her hands were dainty, beautiful things and he wanted to hold them forever.

"Um... er, well..." she stammered, racking her brain for an excuse. "It's... um... it's..."

"It's-" Lila began, prepared to expose Marinette.

"It's Felix!" Marinette shouted before she could think twice. She felt him go stiff beside her, his teeth tightening around her ear until she was sure he'd broken the skin. There was a collective pause in the room, everyone debating whether or not she was lying, Adrien sitting there in astonishment. He hadn't thought Felix was Marinette's type.

Felix's cheeks were warm. "This conversation is over," he declared in a gravelly voice. What he really wanted was for everyone else to leave so he could have more alone time with Marinette.

Marinette yawned and everyone in the room couldn't help but think how cute she was. "Are you not exhausted?" she asked them through another yawn, her voice thick and rich. The events of the day were waying on her. She'd gotten up early, helped her parents in the bakery all day, then helped Chloe set up her party, then gotten dressed for said party. And then a perfume had exploded and five of her peers were in lust with her.

"No, you give us energy," Adrien replied, sighing contentedly.

"I don't see how-"

"Stop talking, Mari, and let us kiss you," Lila interrupted her before kissing her more intensely.

"We're not on a nickname basis," Marinette reminded her.

"Mhmm," Lila just murmured absently without stopping. After a few more minutes, Marinette felt her eyelids drooping. She leaned her head back, resting on someone's shoulder. It was Felix's.

"I think she's had enough," Adrien murmured, but she barely heard him. She let her eyes close.

Felix laid on his back on the bed and adjusted Marinette's head so it was resting on his chest. Luka, being respectful as always, moved to the couch. Lila and Kagami curled up beside Marinette while Adrien reclined in the armchair.

Down the hall, Butler Jean was busy dragging Chloe back while Nino helped separate Alya. The two girls glared at each other, their loathing clearly visible in their eyes.

"Chloe, are you okay?" Butler Jean asked, examining her thoroughly.

She pulled away. "I'm fine, thank you very much." She only had a few bruises. She hated them mostly because they would mar her appearance, not because they hurt. But she was mostly proud. Alya had more marks than her, including two big squares on her cheeks from the flyswatter. She looked ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

"Party's over, everyone!" she turned to the crowd and shouted, clenching her fists. "Get out! Right now!" Alya's group of friends rushed to her side, asking her if she was okay and pleading with her to never put herself in such a situation again. Some of them were crying. A few of them, including Alix, turned and shot Chloe a glare. She scowled back. They didn't scare her.

People shuffled out of the house, buzzing with chatter. She didn't care to watch them leave. Instead, she marched out of the room in search of Marinette.

Falling in LustOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara