Chapter 7 - The Party Just Walked Out

A hand clutched his wrist, nails digging into his skin. He released a sharp breath in surprise and drew back his hand. Marinette had opened her eyes and was staring at him intently.

"I think that's enough for now," she told him. "I never gave you permission to touch me there."

Felix's mouth hung open in surprise and disappointment. On one hand, he was even more aroused by her assertiveness; on the other, he really just wanted her to let him continue. But seeing the hard glare in her eyes, he swallowed his protests and slid off her.

He didn't know if he'd be able to leave the room. A life without Marinette seemed impossible now. In fact, an hour without her was difficult only to think about. He wanted to sit with her, bury his face in her neck and lose himself to his feelings for her.

He moved to the opposite end of the sofa, his eyes unwilling to leave her. Her cheeks were flushed, tinted pinks. Her lips were swollen and wet. He hated sitting here. He wanted to slide right back over and kiss her all over again.

He had just started moving when she put her hand out to stop him. "I think you should leave, Felix," she said icily, ignoring his crestfallen expression.

She felt horrible. She'd just taken advantage of him, hadn't she? He only wanted her because of the perfume. She'd ignored that fact and kissed him back! How could she lose her morals so easily?

She felt tears stinging her eyes as she watched him leave. She was an awful person. He'd probably hate her tomorrow, when the effects wore off. Because they would wear off tomorrow. They had to. She couldn't stand this any longer.

***

"Chloe, where's Marinette?" Alya asked. By now, Felix had already returned to the party and was sleeping on the couch, in the middle of a rather entertaining dream about Marinette. Alya would have been perfectly fine without Marinette, if the circumstances were different. And probably if Lila wasn't so worried about Marinette.

Lila wasn't the only one. She, Adrien, Kagami, and Luka were all lying somewhere. On the couch, the floor, they laid, calling for Marinette.

"I don't know," Chloe replied untruthfully, assuming Marinette wouldn't want to see her ex-best friend.

Alya jabbed a finger at her chest. "I know you're lying. Just tell me where she is," she said accusingly. "Is she in the hotel?"

Chloe narrowed her eyes. "What do you need her for, anyway?" she demanded, crossing her arms. If only she had her flyswatter.

"I want to explain to me why people are lying on the floor calling her name," Alya snapped, gesturing to Lila, who was shaking she wanted -needed- to see Marinette so badly. "Is she trying to get revenge or something? Did she spike their drinks?"

Chloe gasped, agog Alya would even suggest such a thing. "Of course not! Marinette is a good, king, honest person. Unlike your best friend Lie-la!" she bellowed, stomping her foot. Better to take her anger out on the floor than Alya. Right?

Alya rolled her eyes. "I'm just asking. Now tell me where she is."

"Never," Chloe growled. "If you want her so badly, go search the hotel." She swung her arms in a mad gesture towards the door. "I'd rather have you out there than in here. You're killing the mood. You're ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!"

In room 369, Marinette examined herself in the mirror. Her makeup was even more smeared than before. She took it off and reapplied the lipstick and mascara. The rest she could do without.

She'd decided she was going to the party. Chloe had thrown it for her, anyway. She'd been a rather ungrateful guest. She wanted to see Alya, to see if by some miracle she didn't hate her anymore. And if she did, Marinette wanted to see her face when even beloved Lila couldn't resist her.

She smoothed out her dress and combed out her tousled hair. She looked altogether presentable.

She hesitated at the door, doubts clouding her mind. She shook her head vigorously, trying to clear it, then opened the door before she could change her mind.

Luka, Lila, Kagami, Adrien, and even Felix, could feel a hum in the air. The atmosphere had changed. Marinette was in the room.

Kagami was the first to arrive by Marinette's side. People all around froze in shock and soon everyone was pointing at the spectacle of Kagami kissing Marinette, tasting her lips with pleasure. Marinette gently tried to push her away.

"Oh, thank God you're back!" Lila gasped, racing up to Marinette. There were dark red circles underneath her eyes, and she was significantly more disheveled than earlier. In fact, all her lusters looked like they'd been through some rough times.

"What the hell, Marinette?" Alya demanded, Nino coming up beside her. He gasped audibly when Adrien wrapped his arms around Marinette and began kissing her.

"Bro, aren't you dating Kagami?" Nino asked, adjusting his baseball cap. Marinette immediately regretted coming. "And Kagami-" Nino couldn't find the words.

"Why do you all look like that?" Marinette asked, trying to ignore the curious eyes of the gathered crowd. She itched to flee, but she was completely surrounded and that would be near impossible.

"When you're not around," Adrien began, "everything..."

"Goes to shit," Lila finished. "Everything sucks when you're not here, which also sucks because I hate you."

"If you hate me so much get off me," Marinette snapped, nudging her away. Lila instead grabbed her hand and kissed each of her fingers individually.

"No can do." She sighed deeply, satisfied. "Mmm. No one should be allowed to taste this good."

"What's going on, Marinette?" Alya repeated. 

"I don't know!" she shouted back, feeling nothing but a deep loathing for Alya. How had they ever been friends.

"I know you did something," Alya pressed, her words dripping venom.

"Just shut it, will you?" Chloe interjected. She had her flyswatter again and Marinette was relieved to see it.

"Butt out, Chloe," Alya growled. "Not everything's about you."

"Yeah. I'm standing up for my friend. Marinette," she pointed out, the flyswatter pointing in Marinette's direction.

"What's with all the noise?" Felix complained, finally bothering to join him after his long, refreshing dream featuring Marinette.

"We're not the only ones fighting over her," Kagami noted, her tone gravely serious as usual. Her eyes softened when they found Marinette and she leaned in to kiss her some more, unable to resist.

"They don't need us here to do that," Felix informed them. He entered the circle around Marinette, sweeping her into his arms at the protest of the others.

"Hey, if we're carrying her, then we're all carrying her," Lila told him angrily. He just shrugged and they all picked Marinette up, each holding a different part of her.

Alya and Chloe were arguing furiously and didn't notice their exit. But Nino saw and his eyebrows shot straight up. This party was definitely more interesting than he'd expected.

"Umm... guys," he said. When that got no one's attention, he repeated louder, "Guys!"

They all turned to see Marinette was gone and she'd taken Lila, Luka, Adrien, Felix, and Kagami with her.