Ghosts, Goblins, Hybrids & Ghouls

Start from the beginning

"Jin what the hell? Is that— did you cut holes in your bed sheets?!"

"We wanted costumes and Yoongi said—"

"Yoongi gave you the idea? I'm gonna kill him." You smacked your face with your pillow, giving a muffled sigh under the smooth cotton case.

When Jin's sad tone asked, "are you mad?" you quickly yanked the pillow from your face by the corner to shake your head frantically.

You pulled him into a tight hug with as calm a tone as you could muster. "No. No of course I'm not mad at you. I think it's cute you wanted to dress up.. I just wish you would have told me so we could have gone costume shopping and not destroyed your bedding."

"Good. You should come play with us now,” he whined, wrapping his arms back around you from under the sheet while his head dropped on your shoulder. “You’ve been asleep all day.”

"What time is it?" You rubbed his back eliciting a motored purr.

"Sometime in the afternoon. C'mon," he pulled away and stood to tug you to your feet before moving to give privacy for your 'morning' routine.

Not bothering with the pj’s, you washed your face and brushed your teeth, mentally steeling yourself for what you were bound to walk into, and as suspected, you weren’t disappointed as you walked into the living room to be greeted by an assortment of ghosts. A few of them sat on the floor in front of the t.v. and two on the couch. One strolled out from the kitchen holding a bowl of popcorn. It was a house of horrors, but not the scary kind. You could feel an aneurysm raring to explode.

Yoongi—the only hybrid who didn’t wear a “costume”—sat on the couch corner with a sinister gummy grin, legs crossed in an unbothered fashion. His hands clasped in his lap like he was waiting for the best news. When your eyes met, his smile devilishly grew, ears flicking in anticipation while one of the ghosts, decorated with black and yellow sunglasses, a leaf hat, and a little black pumpkin bucket, lept to their feet to run and hug you; losing the glasses somewhere along the way.

"Noona!~ Do you like our costumes? Are we cute?" The ghost whom you assumed to be your fox asked sweetly, his honeymilk tone coating his words in tooth-rotting innocence.

You smiled up at Jimin who wrapped himself around you, his features completely hidden behind his sheet, though you could make out baby blue eyes, happily creased into adorable crescent moons through the sloppily cut eyeholes. Hugging him back tightly, you glanced over to Yoongi while you replied, watching the glimmer fade from the wolf's charcoal eyes when your, "I love them," hit him like a ton of bricks. "I think Yoongi is missing his costume though. Why don't you go and slip into yours too so we can start carving pumpkins, Yoongs?"

His ears vanished into his silver-black hair, hands unclasping as he pushed forward on the edge of the couch uncomfortably when all heads turned to him. You half expected a snarky bite out of the wolf but he tilted his head back to angle his button nose in the air with a small scrunch, the left side of mouth pulled open to cockily show off his teeth and canines before he replied, "I was waiting on you first, kitten." His face slowly formed into a smirk, adding, "you're going to dress up with us, right? Wouldn't wanna leave you out."

Gasps surrounded the room before there was an eruption of voices all talking over one another, Jimin giggling his words while Jin and Jungkook tried to yell over everyone else. You couldn't tell who was who but a ghost clad in a bunny mask bounced over to you—his tail bouncing behind him, clueing you in on it being Hobi—he shook your shoulders and as you heard his singing praise that you should—indeed—wear a costume, you had no doubt it was your snow leopard.

"Guys.. guys!" You tried to get a word in while everyone continued throwing out their suggestions on what you should wear. "I only have one costume from last year and I don’t think it’s really.. Appropriate. So I’m not wearing it."