The Ruins - Part IV

Sans barely walked two steps when the phone ringed again.

"Oh God, I forgot those calls were multiple." the Player mumbled.

"Greetings, this is Gaster." W.D. Gaster said. "You don't DISLIKE strawberry, do you?" he asked. "I know you prefer the other one, but. . . You wouldn't mind if you found on your plate, right?" he asked. "It's always good if we ate new things, especially if they were beneficial for your health." he kept silent for some seconds. "Understood, good to know, I'll see you soon, child."

He hanged up the phone again. "Okay, Gaster is a bit different from Toriel." the Player said.

"Toriel?" Sans asked.

"Oh right, you didn't know her name." the Player said. "When we have time, I can tell you some things about your universe before. . . Well, everything somehow switched."

"You act like you know everything." Sans said.

"That's because I do." the Player said.

A rock was on the way, there were some spikes up ahead, Sans looked at the rock for some seconds while he was forced to stay still.

"Please tell me they're not that dumb." Sans thought.

"Woah! Rude!" the Player said.

Sans was moved to his front, putting the rock on a bright yellow square, the spikes went down. The moment he tried to pass through someone blocked his way.

*Temmie hopped on the way.

"Hoi!" Temmie said.

The Player clicked in Mercy, seeing the Spare button change to yellow, they clicked in Spare. Temmie turned a bit transparent.

*YOU WON!
*You earned 0 XP and 0 gold.

Their screen/vision turned back to normal, but once Sans reached the end of the room, the phone rang again.

"Greetings." W.D. Gaster said. "You don't have any allergies, do you?" he asked. "Why the question? Because it's important that I know what I can and cannot do, we don't want you ending up sick or hurt." he said. "What am I doing? Nothing. . . nothing important."

He hanged up again.

"He really likes to make us questions, doesn't he?" Sans asked.

"The flavours are different this time, is it not a pie anymore?" the Player thought. "Whatever, hopefully that was the last call."

Sans got out of the room and found himself in front of a chess board like puzzle. "Okay, what's the deal here?" Sans asked.

"Sans, are you there?" the Player asked.

"Can they not hear me anymore?" Sans asked himself. "This is weird, why is this happening?"

". . .You know what, forget it, let's just keep going." the Player said.

Sans stepped in a white block, but the block broke and he fell down into a bunch of blankets in a room below that one.

"What the. . .?" Sans asked himself.

He made his way to a door, that led him back up through a vent. Once he reached the place he stepped on a black block, which broke just like the previous one. Getting back up, Sans stepped on the second white block, this time it stood still, he walked to the black block in his front, then another block, another, reaching the fifth he fell down again.

"Well, we're doing progress." the Player said.

"This will take a while." Sans thought.

Another try, Sans walked through the same four blocks, then to his right, he stepped in another one, then a third one, in the fourth one he fell down. Once again he got back up, walking on the same four blocks to his front, then three blocks at his right, he went to his other right, then stepped in front of him, five more blocks before he fell down close to the ending.

The Player pressed a button, seeing his options appear and one new option, Ask Help. Curious, they clicked the button.

*. . .

*No.

"Wait, I asked the narrator for help?" the Player asked. "Cool! It would be even cooler if they actually helped me."

*You remember a dream of me helping you, but it never came true.

*Keep it like that.

"Alright! Jeez!" the Player said.

Sans was put back up, he walked through the same blocks as before, he stepped to his right, then two to his front, finally reaching the end of that puzzle. Just to walk to another room and find another one. But before he could even approach it, someone blocked his way. The Player didn't even pay attention to who the monster was, he just pressed Mercy and then Spare.

*YOU WON!
*You earned 0 XP and 0 gold.

Sans pushed two rocks into three bright yellow squares in front of each, but when he got in the third, "Woah there, pardner! Who said you could push me around?" the rock asked.

Sans arm was raised, the Player wasn't doing anything, so they thought that was weird. The rock's soul turned blue, and then it was forced above the yellow square.

"Woah! Woah! Why such brutality?" the rock asked. "You wanted me to move you could've just ASKED." he added. "Oh, now you're ASKIN' me to stay here? Okay, but I didn't like ya dragging me here."

Sans kept moving, the Player held himself to not chuckle a bit. "Okay, that wasn't as nice as Frisk used to be, but it works! Nice job, Sansy!"

He left the room and saw a carrot on a jar, Sans approached the jar.

*This carrot in here for a long time.

*The jar has a familiar child drawn on it.

Sans looked at the drawing and recognised the skeleton in it, but just like him, that skeleton was a child.

The Player moved him close to the checkpoint and clicked on it.

(Believing that a bunny will come get the carrot from the jar. . . It fills you with determination.)

The Player saved, then left the hall. On the way to the exit they ended up meeting a familiar lady.

"Ahu hu!" the lady laughed a bit.

"Oh— Oh boy." the Player said.

"What?" Sans asked.

"The seller is in the ruins." the Player mumbled. "Long time no see. . . Muffet."