xx.

chapter contains smut⚠️

sorry i'm like horrible at writing this...🤭

jonathan had been driving for 30 minutes or more now, to what seemed like the middle of no where. the old dirt road and trees surrounding us was all that i could see thanks to the cars headlights. the clash songs played faintly as i watched the trees go by, considering that was the only thing i could do.

jonathan wouldn't give a single clue as to where he was taking me. i didn't mind surprises, they were pretty fun, but this is different. my boyfriend has planned something.

"we're almost there."

jonathan's voice broke me out of thinking. i turned to look at him.

"mmm. promise?"

"promise." he chuckled. "i know you get tired fast."

"aw, you know me so wellll." i said sarcastically, even though his memory made my heart flutter.

"i do." he smiled.

he moved his right hand onto my thigh, cupping it lightly. i knew he did it just to be affectionate, but i couldn't help to begin feeling hot.

i exhaled through my nose, trying my best to ignore that. i watched more trees go by, occasional stop signs and roads on the way, until jonathan pulled over on side of the road. i looked around, nothing particularly standing out around me besides a deeper-off woodsy area.

jonathan turned off the car, surrounding us in pitch black besides the stars in the sky, and moonlight that shone on both of our faces, almost perfectly.

"do you remember when we first met?"

i turned my body towards him, giving him all my attention, and nodded.

"of course. it was kindergarten. it's crazy to think how we've known each other for so many years." i smiled.

he wouldn't face me, even make eye contact with me. he seemed on edge. tapping his fingers together, shifting his feet around... maybe something was wrong?

"i'll never forget it. i asked for a pencil in the most awkward way ever." he chuckled, shaking his head.

i mumble a "yeah" and continued to let him talk, not wanting to interrupt. i had no idea where this was going but wanted to hear every bit of it.

"and the days after that we just kept talking more and more, nonstop. i think you're my soulmate. whether if we're together or not."

"jonathan?" his eyes flickered over my face. "are you okay? is there...something on your mind?"

"no, yeah. yeah. i'm fine. just thinking."

"i just...like how i get nervous when i see you, but feel most comfortable around you. like how you give me those stupid, silly looks. like that you always make sure i'm okay, and when i'm not you help fix it.
i mean, since we were kids, it's always been you."

"jonathan..." my voice is below a whisper, almost inaudible. i'm aware now of what's happening.

"i love you, y/n. and- i love the fact that i'm in love with you."

he looked into my eyes, searching for any emotion that told him if i felt the same.

⚠️ start

of course, i did. i felt the exact same and couldn't get the words out of my mouth. it's like the wind had been knocked out of me, not able to speak. instead i reached forward, cupping jonathan's left cheek in my hand, pressing our lips together eagerly.