v.

when i woke up from what seemed like the best sleep of my life, it was still dark. i rubbed my eyes, sitting up on the edge of the bed. i yawned, stood up, and walked to the door, peaking my head out. i saw nancy walking out of a room, closing the door behind her. obviously her and steve's room. she froze, then sighed when she saw it was me, "where's barb?" she asked as i closed the door.

"i should be asking you that. what did you say to her?" i asked while we walked down the stairs.

"what? nothing. i just told her she could go home." she shrugged.

that's such bullshit.

"oh, alright then." i said rolling my eyes. thankfully she was walking in front of me and didn't see. we walked outside to where i saw barb last, and she wasn't there. nancy and i started walking by the pool and heard a snap.

now every time i hear a noise im going to think it's like what happened earlier.

we both snapped our heads in the direction it came, before speed walking away.

i had quite a walk, since my house was far, but thankfully nancy let me stay with her. she said she would let me borrow some clothes, which honestly, i don't think our styles are anything near similar. but i was too tired to care, so i'll just deal with it later. we snuck through her back door.

or so we thought.

"oh! jesus, you scared me." nancy said as the light came on, mrs.wheeler coming into view.

"oh, i scared you?"

"i know, i should have called." nancy said looking away from her mother.

"where have you been?" mrs.wheeler asked slightly raising her voice. "we agreed on 10."

"after the assembly some people wanted to get something to eat." i furrowed my brows, looking down so mrs.wheeler wouldn't see. "i went with y/n, i didn't think it would be a big deal." nancy said, and mrs.wheeler looked back at me. "hi." i lightly smiled. she returned it.

"you didn't think to call, and let me know?" mrs.wheeler asks leaning forward. "with everything that's been going on?"

"i didn't realize how late it was, okay?" nancy says growing annoyed. "i'm sorry, mom. what more do you want?"

"hey, wait..."mrs.wheeler says touching Steve's sweatshirt, nancy was wearing. "whose sweatshirt is that?"

"ste—"

"mine!" i say smiling. i just wanted to go to bed and if nancy told the truth, we'd be here for another 5 minutes. "it's mine, mrs.wheeler. i let her borrow it."

"it was just cold, so." nancy says looking at me. we start to walk up the stairs before mrs.wheeler interrupts, "nancy, you can talk to me. whatever happened." i was already at the top of the stairs, and nancy turned around.

what the hell... i guess her motherly instincts could tell.

"nothing happened." nancy said. there was a moment of silence before mrs.wheeler spoke. "nancy."

silence again.

"nothing happened." she said more sternly.

well, something definitely happened.

"can we please go?" she asked before she turned around and started walking with me. i felt bad for lying to mrs.wheeler, but she would flip her shit if we didn't.

after reaching nancy's room she gave me some clothes and i changed. after that, i crawled into her bed and immediately closed my heavy eyes, falling asleep.