xvii.

one week later..

it had felt like a month being away from jonathan. a longgg, dreadful, boring, frustrating, month. realistically it'd only been one week. but really, i've done nothing but lag in bed for hours, or watch movies with dad when he got home. of course me and jonathan talked on the phone, but i only ever saw him when he was outside across the street.

nothing had happened... duh. i just felt like he should spend a lot of time with will and i didn't want to interrupt that. family is important, so he should spend time with his mom too. i told him when he felt like it, to call and tell me he wanted to spend time together. part of me wished he would've called already, but that'd be selfish of me. anyway, when he was ready i'd be here waiting.

to pass the time i tried out more makeup and different hairstyles. surprisingly, i didn't burn my hair off. i burned my neck a lot, though. a. lot. i barely ever used straighteners or curlers so i had to practice. dad even questioned me one morning, which was a bit awkward. i got the hang of it though.

"y/n, can you come here for a second!" he yelled from the living room.

i didn't bother replying, instead just walked downstairs and in there. he stared at the tv, remote in hand, but still noticed i was there.

"what's up?" i asked. did i clean the tables yesterday? no, i definitely did. what the fuck.

"i just wanted to know something." he finally broke away from the tv.

"yeah? what is it?"

"what's going on with your neck?"

my...neck?

"oh. it's not what you think, don't worry. i just straightened my hair but it failed and i burned myself. like a lot of times." i rambled.

he just stared at me, flicking from my neck to my eyes. i bit the inside of my cheek, waiting for him to say something. it was silent and the western movie on tv was all that could be heard.

"i'm just asking, kid. i wasn't thinking about that." he said calmly.

then what were you asking for?!?!

"i'll see you when i get home." he said standing up from the couch with a grumble.

"oh, right. yeah. yeah." i waved my hands around. i turned to walked to the kitchen, still hearing the words that came out of his mouth.

"i know jonathan hasn't been around."

needless to say, he knows. everyone has known. even before we got together, they've known. it's shocking but funny at the same time.

but,today is saturday. nothing exciting, sadly. i just managed to get the last stubborn hair to stay down. what i went for today was a half up half down. it looked questionable, but i looked great nonetheless.

i sighed, scooping up the rubber bands all over my desk and putting away the small comb. walked into the restroom, putting everything back in its designated spot, then shut the door.

i looked at myself in the mirror, turning my head from left to right, trying to see how my hair was in the back. it was actually not too shabby, considering i can be bad at parts.

i washed my hands and got rid of the sticky feeling from the numerous products i had used. once i finished i stared at myself some more, just simply because.

the cut on my hand has healed, too. the scar looks pretty badass and it's not too noticeable. i find it kind of sentimental, since jonathan basically has a matching one. my dad didn't ask too much about it, just where it came from. i lied and said i used a knife to try and open a can. it worked.

staring at myself, i noticed my makeup was great, but i somehow missed my lips. "of course i'd forget." i shook my head, reaching to the drawer i always kept my chapstick in, opening it. only to be met with small towels and extra makeup brushes.

idiot.

closing the drawer, i walked back into my room. the chapstick had to be in my bag, since that's the only other place i put it. either in there or my pocket. ever since jonathan commented on it the time we kissed in the hospital parking lot, i always kept it around. he told me one day at my house that he tasted it afterwards, but didn't want to say anything until then. he told me strawberry fits me, which at the time made me a nervous mess.

i walked toward my closet, once reaching it, digging down into the bag. i moved around some hair ties and loose change, before pulling out the familiar shape. i popped the cap and applied it onto my lips, back and forth. once i was done i put it back into the bag.

now let's think about what "fun" there is to do.

i went to take a seat, only to rise once i heard my dad knock on my door. "come in!" i said, opening my closet to look for an outfit. he definitely forgot something.

i heard the doorknob twist and let go. "hey, love."

my dad would definitely not say that.

i snapped my head in the direction of my door, and there my boyfriend stood. he had a brown bag in his hand, crumpled at the top, along with a styrofoam cup which had a straw. he wore a light blue shirt with jeans, and his black converse. it was simple, yet so captivating for me to look at.

"i brought you food." he smiled, raising the bag.

at this point i was grinning so hard, my cheeks felt like they would split. he really surprised me with food. he knows the way to my heart already.

"you shouldn't have." i said sarcastically. i closed my closet while jonathan closed the door behind him and walked in. i watched him make his way over to my nightstand and set down the bag and drink, i'm guessing. he sat down on my bed, patting the spot next to him. i chuckled and took my seat next to him.

"sorry i didn't call. i wanted to come over as soon as i could." he said, turning to look at me.

"it's okay. i'm glad you came." i smiled, meeting his eyes. "i missed you."

"i missed you more." he replied. we both smiled at each other before leaning in for a kiss. it was a quick peck, but the feeling would last a lifetime. when we pulled away jonathan shook his head, smirking.

"what?"

"nothing," he says, shrugging. "do you know how lucky i got with you?"

i quickly looked at floor smiling. "hmm, nope! i think you were just blessed." i say as my eyes move to the nightstand.

"...so. what's in the bag?"