ii.

like most, this morning was dreadful. i woke up at 2am thanks to dad slamming the door, and didn't go back to sleep til 5. but i got up, put on my slippers, groggily and all, and got dressed. as for hair i just did half-up half-down and curled the ends.

once i made sure to turn off the curling iron, i grabbed my house keys off my desk and headed downstairs. i saw dad passed out on the couch. although, more like heard him from his loud ass snoring, and beer cans surrounded him. i rolled my eyes and grabbed an apple from the kitchen, then walked to school.

i was leaned up against the locker picking at my nails while steve, tommy, and carol talked about some new horror movie. i wasn't paying attention much, to be honest. i was in desperate need of a coffee. if i didn't focus on anything i was sure my eyes would close.

"y/n! come on girl!" carol said making me look up. she waved me over. i guess we're going somewhere.

i just wanted to get to a class where i can sleep.

while we were walking ,nancy and barb almost passed us up but thanks to Steve grabbing note cards out of barbs hands, they stopped. i guess nancy was already studying for another test.

i smiled to myself. i bet her and steve did a lot of studying last night.

"hey!" nancy said, reaching for the cards. i saw tommy poke barb in the ear.

"tommy..." i rolled my eyes and pushed him forward. i leaned back against the wall with carol while steve started talking.

"i don't know, i think you've studied enough nance."

"steve—"

"maybe you jumbled her thoughts, steve. did you get much studying done last night?" i snickered, which carol joined me in.

nancy bit her and shifted her weight onto one hip. steve just gave me a 'seriously?' look before turning back to her.

"i'm telling you, you know, you got this." steve said thumbing through some of the cards, then looking up at nancy. "don't worry, now on to more important matters."

"my dad has left town on a conference and my mom's gone with him 'cause, you know, she doesn't trust him."

"good call," tommy chimes in and grins.

"so are you in?" steve asks.

"...in for what?" nancy asks furrowing her brows.

"no parents? big house?" carol says in a questioning tone.

i knew nancy was smart, but she's seriously lacking in the common sense department. no shade, though. i was like that before.

"a party?"

"ding, ding, ding!" carol says and tommy laughs.

i let out a soft chuckle trying not to seem ignorant. that was just a little funny.

"it's tuesday." nancy says looking between us all.

"it's tuesday!" tommy mocks, making it more dramatic.

"oh my god."

"maybe she's busy, you idiots." i rolled my eyes and smirked.

steve hits tommy with the back of his hand, "come on."

"it'll be low key. it'll just be us. what do you say? are you in or are you out?" steve reassures nancy, although it sounded more like pressuring and convincing.

"um.." nancy says before looking at me.

i give her a smile, "just us. i'll be there."

"oh, god. look." carol says before we assert our gaze to where she's looking. it was jonathan pinning up posters.