Letter 9

Dear Taehyun,

Today, I got to spend time with my family. Something that I haven't done since I was 13. This probably will be the last time I would ever be able to do that, though.

Today, my parents and I did what "old-fashioned" kids did with their parents. We watched movies, played board games, and cooked some dishes. We even watched those K-dramas I was ranting about. It may sound boring and totally not Gen-Z to you, but I wish that everyday, even just for an hour, I could spend time with my parents, just like this.

Spending time with my parents brought back an old wish I had when I was 6. Younger siblings.

I've always wished that I had a younger sibling. Someone to argue stupid things over with and someone to confide into when things got rough. A person that would call me noona or unnie, a person who looked up to me like a role model, as if I had a big place in their life. As if I was their universe and everything. That wish never got granted though, despite how many times I prayed.

But indirectly, I suppose I could say that wish has been fulfilled. You were like my "younger sibling" at the time, the person who I shared secrets with, someone who I bickered with, despite you being a month older than me. Unfortunately, the "role model" part hadn't been granted, sadly. Oh, how terrible it was when you forced me to call you "oppa".

Writing this letter makes me feel nostalgic for the old times. All of our memories fly back to me, flooding my brain. You don't know how much I wish to turn back time. Where did we go wrong? Was it something I did?

From,
Euna