Chapter 7

"Now push the kalash with your right leg and enter the house."

It was Nandini Vashisht instructing to her newly wedded bahu to do the rituals of a new bride. She accepts that she doesn't like her much but at last she is still her son Aditya's life partner.

Two hours has passed since the wedding completed.

It was heart wrenching for Aditya to see his angel crying for her parents at the bidaai time. He could bring the world to her feet but at that time his hands were bound due to traditions.

It was the first time for many people to watch Kiara crying. Its not a daily thing for a daughter to leave her home and parents behind and enter a new house and family. Its really difficult for them.

Kiara pushed the kalash and entered the Vashisht villa.

She was mesmerised by seeing its beauty. It was not a joke.

Ofcourse it can never pull off her mind from the warmness her house provide but she can't deny its beauty.

"Now keep your feet in this kumkum thaal and put your footprints on this white cloth." Nandini said to her.

She did as instructed and a little carefully. She know that her mother-in-law doesn't like her much. But what can she say the feelings are mutual!

"Now its the time for anguthi rasam."

Diya enthusiastically dragged both of them towards the bowl filled with milk and sprinkled with rose petals.

Its a rasam done by newly wedded couples to know who will be the head in their future relationship.

Both Kiara and Aditya dipped their right hands into the bowl and start finding them.

Kiara was not interested in all these so called rasams. But for her new family members smiling face she had to do it.

Nandini was in favour of her son's victory but except her all the family members were on Kiara's side much to Nandini dismay.

Aditya found the ring in bowl but he tried to slip it in his angel hand.

Kiara jerked away her hand from his like it burned her when she felt like he was trying to touch her in the name of rasam.

She mistook his gesture as his lust for her.

But Aditya was being Aditya didn't liked her reaction towards himself and he abruptly shoved the ring in her hand glaring at her when no one was looking at them.

She felt embarrassed to misunderstood him but still glared back at him for all things he had done to her. Its because of him she is even sitting here playing these so called newly wedded games with him. So everything is his fault.

Kiara took out the ring from bowl and everyone hooted for her.

Let it be. Why would she loose the game just because he is trying to be a hero!!

Virendra smiled at their moment. He has seen it all from his shoving the ring to her and her glaring at him. He mistook her hatred as childishness.

Nandini twisted her lips in disappointment towards his son. She didn't wanted her son to be a joru ka gulam. Be it like that after all every mother-in-law is like this.

(Joru ka gulam - Wife's pet)

Aditya just passed a small smile to her when his siblings started pulling his leg.

After that Nandini sent her bahu in her new room.

Kiara entered the room and landed on the bed like a dead body. She couldn't care less for the decorations in the room. She didn't even glanced at them. For her it was just a nuisance, this marriage doesn't mean anything to her.